PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2008, 12:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

12gage is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can't get portable activesync to work

Hello all, I use a very restrictive work pc and I'm trying to get my sync my 6700 on it. I have portable activesync and am able to open it, however it never recognizes my phone. I have all settings set for using the usb but it still never sees it. Is there anyone else with similar problems, or have solved the puzzle? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

gambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Can't get portable activesync to work

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12gage View Post
portable activesync
I thought I was pretty savvy with Activesync but I don't know what you mean by "portable" activesync. Is this special software or are you trying to describe the activesync that is on the 6700? There are all sorts of firewall problems with Activesync so if you don't have access to changing these, you might be out of luck. If you have permission from your corporate IT to use the 6700 on their system, you are better off letting them deal with setting it up.

Edit: OK, just Googled it and it runs off a USB stick. Have you been able to get the 6700 to sync with a normal PC? Let me know what you have tried...

Last edited by gambatte; 05-12-2008 at 06:30 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

psiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuff
Re: Can't get portable activesync to work

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12gage View Post
Hello all, I use a very restrictive work pc and I'm trying to get my sync my 6700 on it. I have portable activesync and am able to open it, however it never recognizes my phone. I have all settings set for using the usb but it still never sees it. Is there anyone else with similar problems, or have solved the puzzle? Thanks in advance.
Did you disable Advanced Network Functionality on the USB to PC Setting of your 6700? I have found I have to sometimes toggle the setting depending on the PC I use...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache