PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2007, 12:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

hodula1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Internet Connection Sharing works! This is great news!

Thanks for all you hard work. Keep it coming
Old 02-14-2007, 01:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

josephaoliva is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to josephaoliva Send a message via MSN to josephaoliva
I have the full version on VC 1.6 but how do i get the exe file? All i have is a cab file. Thanks
Old 02-14-2007, 01:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

rquinn19 is keeping up the good workrquinn19 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephaoliva
I have the full version on VC 1.6 but how do i get the exe file? All i have is a cab file. Thanks
If u bought it you should be able to install it on your computer and get it from there
Old 02-14-2007, 01:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800

MrHappy is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to MrHappy Send a message via Yahoo to MrHappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodula1

Even BT PAN?!?!?<franticly downloading now>
Old 02-14-2007, 02:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

josephaoliva is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to josephaoliva Send a message via MSN to josephaoliva
Quote:
Originally Posted by rquinn19
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephaoliva
If u bought it you should be able to install it on your computer and get it from there
Yes i did buy my version but it is an exe file that installs on my system, then automatically sync the cab file via activesync. it does not have a exe that works on the ppc.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 3G / TP2
Carrier: Sprint / Google Voice
Threadstarter

saridnour is a n00b
darksine: Did you set the date and time on the welcome screen? If not this may have caused the trial app to expire as it would see it as being used for a year once synced or the time was updated by the carrier. The apps are not installable as they are in the ROM as this does not use storage space and if you do not want to use them, just remove the links in startup and/or use the GUI to disable them. If installed or not, since the files are in ROM, it makes no difference what so ever as to space on the device and if disabled it would be like they are not even there. Ok short answer... no they can not be unisnstalled..

slypher: Installing xscalar or any of the full version of the software would take up the same amount of space as installing to a device that does not have them in the rom. The install will just mask the files in the Rom. To save storage space, you can extract just the exe's from the cab (or from a prior install) and copy the file over the one in the windows directory. This will also just mask the rom file, but will take up less space and not create an install point in add/remove and would be the best method. As to getting the files in your own rom. I don't use the kitchen so you would have to use the "other method" to extract the nk.bif and extract it to a dump dir. From there it's just a matter of overwritting my exe's with yours and re-packing. Not to hard really.

chuque: Sorry no kithen. I use the other method. See reply above to Slypher for details on adding in your bits. Let me know if I can point you in the right direction for more info or help.

hodula1: Bt pan is in, just not tested. Just saw your next post, is that a statement that you tested it and it's working or a comment that the bits are in?

enracaed: Yes they are all in and functional. I updated the first post to reflect this as well. Thansk for pointing out that I didn't mention them.

rlith: I have had no issues with my storage card. Make sure you are not installing 3rd party software that is overwriting the drivers for the sd as this will casue it to not work. Aslo I am unclear on the extended_rom2, is this from another hack as I am only familuar with the inital extended_rom.

josephaoliva: See my reply above to slypher on adding files. In a nutshell you could just install vc1.6 to your device, then copy the exe off to your storage or computer. Then with a hard reset all your data is cleared, but you have your vc exe elsewhere to copy back. Hope that clears it up.... you could also extract it from the cab file but that's another post in itself and is here somewhere if you do a search for cecabmanager.

-saridnour
Old 02-14-2007, 02:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

hodula1 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHappy
Quote:

I spoke too soon. I have confirmed USB ICS is working. Tried with bluetooth, but I have not been able to get that to work
Old 02-14-2007, 02:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800

MrHappy is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to MrHappy Send a message via Yahoo to MrHappy
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHappy
Quote:

I spoke too soon. I have confirmed USB ICS is working. Tried with bluetooth, but I have not been able to get that to work
gnashing of teeth
I wish I knew how to help get this working. It is the single most annoying thing about the 3.x builds we have as I used BT DUN every day on 2.x
Old 02-14-2007, 02:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep
slypher: Installing xscalar or any of the full version of the software would take up the same amount of space as installing to a device that does not have them in the rom. The install will just mask the files in the Rom. To save storage space, you can extract just the exe's from the cab (or from a prior install) and copy the file over the one in the windows directory. This will also just mask the rom file, but will take up less space and not create an install point in add/remove and would be the best method. As to getting the files in your own rom. I don't use the kitchen so you would have to use the "other method" to extract the nk.bif and extract it to a dump dir. From there it's just a matter of overwritting my exe's with yours and re-packing. Not to hard really.

-saridnour[/quote]

Thank for the info. I already have the 3.5 ROM dumped so I will simply add the regged files and post my results....you are right it doesn't seem that hard.

-s

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!
Old 02-14-2007, 03:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

vboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I got pretty much the same apps that you got in my ROM (except for some of my own) but I don't have VC OEM package. Can you post the OEM part of it?

Thanks.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache