PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2007, 11:57 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Carrier: Sprint

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Fully working Helmi AKU 3.5 kitchen PPCGeeks revision

Sorry gotta do it, here's the warning message...(please read the whole post)

Warning: Flashing a rom can be dangerous please make sure you read all instructions before attempting to load any rom on your phone. PPCGeeks nor any of it's members will be held accountable if this causes problems for your phone. Also a note that this will erase all data currently on your phone so back it up with activesync and make sure you have the installers for any programs you use. Using a ROM kitchen is a very advanced and detail oriented tool for creating a customized rom. If you are not comfortable with making customizations you might want to try a prebuilt rom from here:
http://www.ppcgeeks.com/custom-rom-i...you-t2847.html

That being said the risks are actually quite low if all instructions are followed. Also, even though PPCGeeks will not be held accountable you might be surprised how hard we work to fix even minor issues =) Ok now for the good stuff...

Here is the new AKU 3.5 rom kitchen. This should be fully functional at this point. Here is the link to the kitchen:

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Apache/HELMI_A...GEEKS_r1.1.rar
Update in 1.1: added readme.txt, fixed nk.prj to use current dir, changed ppcgeeks favorite to point to mobile version

It is plain vanilla, only needed mods have been made to it after the helmi_c AKU 3.3 and 3.5 kitchen's were merged.

This will only create a base image it is not including any additional software. Please limit comments in this thread to problems with the core of the kitchen and not add-on OEMs. Those questions should be asked in a seperate thread with a detailed subject for best response.

A Tutorial for building a vanilla rom from this kitchen is on the wiki here:
http://wiki.ppcgeeks.com/index.php?t...Man:Readme.txt

Issues/conflicts with other software (Please help us fix these!):
1)SmartDial - this is not supported in AKU 3.5 an alternative is celedial.
2)## codes - These don't work right away with the 3.5 dialer, but there are ways to make shortcuts, also there is a new program by lightsail to fix this here:
http://www.ppcgeeks.com/new-code-dia...3-5-t2919.html
3) some problems with .NETCF1 and/or contacts OLE interface (and other apps, apparently? Breaks contacts in Windows Live Search)
4) wmodem app still in kitchen, only works for USB and IRDA not BT DUN (normal, probably could remove it from kitchen and just use Internet Sharing)
5) still no BT PAN - Connection Sharing works for USB though
6) USB Serial Mode for ActiveSync broken (unchecking 'use advanced networking ' option in settings/connections/activesync errors)

This couldn't have been done without Helmi's original kitchens first and foremost as well as his continued support and patches.
The much anticipated USB fix was found by sfaure03 so he also deserves a big thank you.
I would also like to thank all the PPCGeeks who gave the AKU 3.5 rom a shot and gave feedback before it was fully working. This was daring and very valuable testing.

Last edited by ImCoKeMaN; 03-14-2008 at 07:02 PM.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker

sfaure03 is a n00b
I'll second the above.. But lets not forget, it was you who got the bugger working first!!!!!!
Old 02-14-2007, 12:06 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
I posted a notice over at pdaphonehome.com with a link to this thread. Great work guys!

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 02-14-2007, 12:08 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Just to catch me up, what is the issue with Smartdialer? Just not there, right? I posted in the other thread to look for phonecanvas.dll or phcan.dll or something like that. I think you will also need to extract the proper .bmps from a 3.3 rom.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 02-14-2007, 12:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

vboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
ALLELUJIA ALLELUJIA ALLELUJIA ALLELUJIA!!!

Flashed and plugged in the USB cable and bam, USB Sync driver found and the little green icon start spinning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Thanks so much guys for your dedication and hard work. Couldn't be possible without you all.

Now can you post the tutorial on how to do debugging?

I'm interested.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:11 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Currently smartdialer hasn't worked on any 3.5 rom. When i had the OEM in earlier it would not update as buttons were pressed unless you opened or closed the keyboard to refresh it.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker

sfaure03 is a n00b
Tutorial?

Read, Read, Read, Read, Read posts.

the solution was actually from helmi on page 3 of the other thread....

diligence and a lot of reading the threads from THIS AWESOME SITE....

Flash, flash... uh oh.. Flash again...

Helmi told us what to do.. We just all missed it for a while..
Old 02-14-2007, 12:15 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Ok, I think I can tackle the Smartdialer. I will get on it tomorrow. You guys just had to drag me in to the damn kitchen. Now I just have to find a woman who knows what's good for her to do the cooking
Old 02-14-2007, 12:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker

sfaure03 is a n00b
I been working my arse off on getting you into the kitchen bud.. I LOVE what you've done.

Up side is, I can / will apply OEM's for most of the stuff you have allready done.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:18 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Oh another thing to be sure to do is keep track of your changes and make sure there aren't too many changes in one rom build if you are troubleshooting. The sad part is i thought i had already tested what turned out to be the fix, but i must have had another bad change made at the same time.

But above all as sfaure03 said: READ, READ, READ. I know long threads can be intimidating, but there is good info in them. I've read a bunch of 20+ page threads end to end to debug AKU 3.5 issues already.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache