PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2007, 09:28 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
You mean the nvm file system? Like use QPST to copy all of that stuff over? Might work--I dunno. What I do know is that on Sprint, just changing the ESN + checksum and the MSL SPC will not allow the net connection to work. Don't ask me how I know though

But whatever you do, on both phones make sure you back up anything you mess with via QPST. Keep good, untouched backups of everything so you can restore them in case anything goes wrong.

And please report back here (or on mobile-files) if you have any success. The problems getting the internet to work might be just a Sprint issue here.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Threadstarter

DoctorDex is a n00b
Just a thought. Could your issue be related to not having the correct ExtRom? On my SaskTel phone, when I flashed a new rom and didn't install any of the SaskTel extrom files the EVDO wouldn't work. After running each SaskTel extrom .cab file individually the EVDO worked.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:45 PM
Retired Staff

Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
No. These were both Sprint 6700s, as a matter of fact, on the Sprint network, so the extrom wasn't the problem.

Do you have your extrom visible on the Sasktel 6700? If you wouldn't mind zipping up the contents and posting it here to the FTP site that would be great. We're trying to build a library of each carrier's extrom, and I don't think I've seen anyone else with a Sasktel-branded 6700. There's pinned thread at the top of the forum with info on how to access the FTP.

Thanks.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:09 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

DoctorDex is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill
Do you have your extrom visible on the Sasktel 6700? If you wouldn't mind zipping up the contents and posting it here to the FTP site that would be great.
Done.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:13 PM
Retired Staff

Thanks for doing that. Let us know how it goes with the Verizon model.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:04 PM
Lurker

kspare is a n00b
I have a sasktel 6700.... it's getting sent back to utstarcom to get the radio flashed back to sasktels radio firmware because sasktel won't release any of the firmware to the public

Dr can you tell me how to update the prl on my 6700? I think thats all I really need?
Old 02-12-2007, 10:04 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

DoctorDex is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by kspare
I have a sasktel 6700.... it's getting sent back to utstarcom to get the radio flashed back to sasktels radio firmware because sasktel won't release any of the firmware to the public

Dr can you tell me how to update the prl on my 6700? I think thats all I really need?
How'd your radio get screwed up?

Not sure why you'd have to send it back to UTStarcom. Any radio will do. I believe I upgraded my radio using the sprint version. In addition, while you're upgrading your radio, you might as well upgrade your ROM too. Any ROM will work with SaskTel. I recently upgraded mine to the AKU3.3 and it the difference between AKU2.2 is like night and day.

If you bought your phone from SaskTel and you use your phone with SaskTel there should be no reason you'd need to change your PRL file.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:12 PM
Lurker

kspare is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorDex
Quote:
Originally Posted by kspare

How'd your radio get screwed up?

Not sure why you'd have to send it back to UTStarcom. Any radio will do. I believe I upgraded my radio using the sprint version. In addition, while you're upgrading your radio, you might as well upgrade your ROM too. Any ROM will work with SaskTel. I recently upgraded mine to the AKU3.3 and it the difference between AKU2.2 is like night and day.

If you bought your phone from SaskTel and you use your phone with SaskTel there should be no reason you'd need to change your PRL file.
My phone is flashed with the bell radio firmware right now. I can only make voice calls, and I do use it for evdo data calls. So I need to get it flashed back. I have my other phone updated to 3.3 with a custom rom for our company and it kicks! The bell radio firmware is probably ok,but I thin k I just need to get a sasktel prl on there and i'd be ok.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:42 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

DoctorDex is a n00b
SaskTel PRL files

Have you sent your phone back yet? If not, do you need the .prl files?
Old 02-13-2007, 12:43 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

DoctorDex is a n00b
Have you tried installing the SaskTel extrom? After installing the sprint radio, it fixed any connectivity problems I was having with EVDO.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache