PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2008, 03:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: cnn

lengfengfly is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Asking for help. Message error with xv6700.

Hello dear everyone, I'm using xv6700, I've flashed the newest version of wm6. Everything is OK at the beginning, but recently I always receive an error message as follow when I sent a text message:
Pop-up window title: Messaging
Pop-up window content:Your text message cannot be sent.
error message title(I received one):Text Messages Retry
Relative content:
13521**33**(the phone number to which I sent message maybe months before)
(here is the old message I sent maybe months before)
Error Class: Temporary
Cause code:Noack

Message failed would you like to retry?

This error has occured many many times, and no matter I select Yes or No, this problem will come again someday. It's really boring!

What I would ask is: could I delete some temporary file so that the old message won't appear again? Where does it exist on earth?

Thanks so much for your kind help!

Mr. Jia
Old 03-24-2008, 07:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: Asking for help. Message error with xv6700.

Yeah, I get this when I have no signal but thats the only time and it wont go out until I move to a place where I have signal. My office at work is so bad for me but everywhere else is fine.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Alltel PPC 6700 - Flashed
Carrier: Cricket

as.forum is a n00b

I get this everytime I try to send an SMS. I got it since my first attempt to send an SMS after I loaded the Cricket PRLs into an Alltel 6700 with WM5.

---------
"Your text message cannot be sent." I keep getting this.

Another app on my Alltell 6700 was 'Text Messaged Retry'.

It keeps trying and fails and gives me notifications that look like this:

Error Class: Temporary
Cause Code: Encd.Prbl

Message failed would you like to retry?
Old 03-27-2008, 10:11 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

lengfengfly is a n00b

Thanks! Anyone else has any ideas?
Old 03-27-2008, 10:15 AM
VIP Member

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Well since you just went to WM6 and started having the issue, why not go back to Wm5 and see if you can then do SMS? If so then you can either quit there and keep Wm5 and a working SMS or go back to WM6 again and see if you have the same issues again. That would tell you exactly where your issues are at.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:24 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

lengfengfly is a n00b

Not so good an idea. Thanks all the same!
Old 03-28-2008, 12:35 PM
VIP Member

why not, it takes 30secs to run PIMBackup or sync, 1 min to hard reset and boot, 5-7mins to flash and another 30 secs to reload contacts.

IF you are smart you would create (working) backups of your device so if anything goes wrong you can restore to a working backup. Go check out SPB Clone for this or SPB Backup.

I have my phone fully customized (see the link in my sig for mods and apps) and I can fully reload my phone in less than 10mins (that includes changing ROMs). So it isnt that hard to do.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:06 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

lengfengfly is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
why not, it takes 30secs to run PIMBackup or sync, 1 min to hard reset and boot, 5-7mins to flash and another 30 secs to reload contacts.

IF you are smart you would create (working) backups of your device so if anything goes wrong you can restore to a working backup. Go check out SPB Clone for this or SPB Backup.

I have my phone fully customized (see the link in my sig for mods and apps) and I can fully reload my phone in less than 10mins (that includes changing ROMs). So it isnt that hard to do.
I've been using SpriteBackup for a long time. But when you backup and restore your ROM, everything is not the same as it was. For example, the links for "favorite people". Further more, even if you have solved the problem by hard reseting, when you restore the backup, who would say the problem won't come back again?
Old 03-28-2008, 11:11 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

lengfengfly is a n00b

I'm sure that the failed message must be sotred in some place and can be deleted, Cause it could not be in the ROM. So, if we can find where it is, the problem will be solved. Right?
Old 03-29-2008, 12:27 AM
VIP Member

I use SPB Clone and it makes an exact image of everythin gon the device which is WAY different than SPB Backup.

The point I was trying to make was you can do a hard reset and fresh loading of a new ROM (WM5) and then try to send your msgs. If that works then you know what your issue originally was. If it doesnt work then you can restore as you were before and have lost nothing and wasting nothing but ruling out another option. PM be about SPB Clone and it will do far more than that of a backup application.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache