PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2007, 09:35 PM
dnt
N00b
Pocket PC: none
Carrier: Sprint

dnt is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
.NET CF 2.0

How did you install it and is there a link on XDA between you and Faria? I've been trying to install .NET CF 1.0 and 2.0 but been having problem. thanks
Old 01-26-2007, 09:38 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....
Threadstarter

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Replying to Schettj two posts up.

Actually I talked with Mike about this. I have not looked over Rom Kitchen yet. The biggest problem with releasing a rom is only including freeware. I can put more in here and I am planning to. The apps in there now are pretty standard as "needed" apps. The O2 stuff I may pull if most people really don't want it. Biggest thing though is that they really aren't taking up that much space.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:41 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Re: .NET CF 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnt
How did you install it and is there a link on XDA between you and Faria? I've been trying to install .NET CF 1.0 and 2.0 but been having problem. thanks
Installing in the rom was fairly simple, I was just missing some of the registry entries. I have it all bundled in a zip, but it is too big to post. I talked to Mike about finding a way to have this stuff available for people to use.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
I really like the O2 Plus stuff, but I've just noticed that it is adding duplicate events in my notification queue (according to memmaid). This looks like the only program doing it now - I've soft reset a few times due to instability issues - this morning I had 21 events in the queue, now I have 27, 5 of which are identified as duplicates and they all belong to O2 Plus.

Since I view the perpetually growing Notifications Queue as the source of all evil in the WM5 world (last time I went for 2 months without a hard reset I had 787 events in the queue), I'm wondering if this program is going to cause problems down the road.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks
Old 01-26-2007, 10:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

vboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I had Verizon XV6700 and updated to this and now my 611 call is no workie, everything else seems to be the same and all good.

Anyway I can use ##778 to reprogram the 611?

Thanks.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:16 PM
Lurker

darkphan is a n00b
The only "complaint" I have is the splash screen... heh, but I just flashed it back to the one I have been using (its a skull and crossbones image)
Old 01-26-2007, 10:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 (Apache) ;PPC 6800 (Mogul)

naigaboy is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to naigaboy Send a message via MSN to naigaboy
I use scary bears check notifications and clear notify, and it always cleans up the duplicate errors. Never had a problem for that. If you or anybody want to try these cabs out here they go. BTW, fresh install and so far so good. I just noticed that you didnt include the 20225 prl cab in this extended rom, or am i mistaking. Now lets see how long this flash lasts. LOL
Attached Files
File Type: zip check_notifications_571.zip (15.5 KB, 11 views) Click for barcode!

Hey Brian, Its been 24 hrs, Got my money?
Stop playing with me man.
This what happens man.
You got till 5 o'clock

Kitchen Info:
Old 01-26-2007, 10:23 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnt
Installing in the rom was fairly simple, I was just missing some of the registry entries. I have it all bundled in a zip, but it is too big to post. I talked to Mike about finding a way to have this stuff available for people to use.
I have my own domain and linux server, but my uplink pipe is only 780Kbit, so it's not ideal for lots of folks to hammer on it - otherwise I'd be happy to host some of this stuff.

Might be better done as torrents for the big stuff anyway - I can seed many torrents at 20KB up each... we could spread some of the load that way (and I could host the initial seed images/trackers.

Something to think about - at any rate, I'm off for the night... its all very exciting progress! Wideawake did a good thing by getting us all used to the idea of custom roms, and cracking the code as it were to get the ball rolling with AKU 2,2. Wow, that seems like just last month when I was all excited about 2.2
Old 01-26-2007, 10:24 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Actually, the Task Manager that is included can do this as well. It is quite a niftly little app.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:29 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by "schettj
Might be better done as torrents for the big stuff anyway - I can seed many torrents at 20KB up each... we could spread some of the load that way (and I could host the initial seed images/trackers.

Something to think about - at any rate, I'm off for the night... its all very exciting progress! Wideawake did a good thing by getting us all used to the idea of custom roms, and cracking the code as it were to get the ball rolling with AKU 2,2. Wow, that seems like just last month when I was all excited about 2.2
Most apps and such are fairly small. .Net, Voice Command, and some other are big. If would be nice to find a way to have it here were it is all in one place with instructions and support.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache