PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2007, 02:21 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
Get Helmi_C's AKU3.3 RIGHT HERE!

Well no thanks to me, Helmi_C over @ xda-developers whipped us up a nice working, very speedy, new AKU upgrade! Ive been playing with it for a little bit and love the speed, but its gonna need those menu animations disabled. But anyways push seems to be ALOT quicker and a few new features that you will like. Of course I will be doing a custom soon for it of watch for that. Oh btw when running my custom ExtROM with this, I have had it hang twice when running ppst.exe and had to soft reset to fix, but I will be updating that also. You will have to manually edit the config.txt to remove the run ppst.exe line and manually run after it installs whats needed. I cant thank Helmi_C enough for his time and dedication to getting this working on our devices! Specially since he doesnt own one.
Enjoy,
Mike

Note: This is a stock ROM non hacked....just adapted to the Apache by Helmi_C and is FULLY funtional.

Note: You MUST BE IN BOOTLOADER MODE TO FLASH!
If your stuck in bootloader mode read here.

Please report ALL errors here.

Internet connection program missing

Enable smartdialer: HKLM\Security\Phone\Skin
change enabled from 0 to 1 (Colonel)

pic & vid hang fix: copy mfc80u.dll and msvcr80.dll from windows/oem to the windows directory overwriting the ones there. (Sonny486)

What I/Users have noticed:

On program installs you have memory remaing back.
Faster Push
Inbox tools more one-handed operation
Contacts a few new features.
Welcome screen does time and email. (on email it doesnt allow setup due to it running extrom)
No storage card issues at all!
1x icon no longer shows when connected, its displayed above ur signal indicator.
Connections panel has a few more options.
New CommManager
Running programs shortcut on start menu
A2DP Built In.
IE user agent string.
No longer DUN its PAN.
*Will add more as I/Users notice them*

Side Note: Be in bootloader when flashing and it has a Telecom bootscreen. (which can be changes see this thread.) Also it says its 3.5
Quote:
which was a minor mixup, you can change that by [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Versions]
"Aku"=".3.5.0" change to "Aku"=".3.3.0"

Now to the link!
http://rapidshare.com/files/12360381/ApacheAKU3.3.rar

PS looks like Helmi_C joined us so you can thank him directly in this thread if you like!

Old 01-19-2007, 02:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I'm all over it. Thanks to all that made this possible! i love this site. I will post my experiences once i get it up and running.

-s

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!
Old 01-19-2007, 02:49 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Oh ur gonna love it, I thinking of ditching my custom aku2.2...I think and on to custom 3.3. Anyways its great, helmi_c is GREAT at what he does!
~Mike
Old 01-19-2007, 02:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 (Apache) ;PPC 6800 (Mogul)

naigaboy is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to naigaboy Send a message via MSN to naigaboy
Thank u very much guys. I love technology as it just keeps changing. Though I thought it was supposed to be every 3-5 years, it is now every 2-3 weeks. Just wonderful.

BTW to enble 802.11g on PPC,
HKLM\Comm\tiacxwln1\Parms
new value (dword): dot11SupportedRateMaskG
decimal: 8
the cab from xda might not work, cos the registry it changes does not correspond to the apache.

Hey Brian, Its been 24 hrs, Got my money?
Stop playing with me man.
This what happens man.
You got till 5 o'clock

Kitchen Info:
Old 01-19-2007, 02:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: My using is a Touch Pro

Bushrod is just getting started
I'm on this like white on rice. Good thing I didn't start cooking my own 2.2 rom yet!

Let's see,

1) Remote Desktop home and download rom.
2) ReRAR it into smaller pieces
3) E-mail pieces to myself on PPC and save to SD card
4) Copy to desktop over activesync and reassemble
5) Flash!
Old 01-19-2007, 02:52 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrod
I'm on this like white on rice. Good thing I didn't start cooking my own 2.2 rom yet!

Let's see,

1) Remote Desktop home and download rom.
2) ReRAR it into smaller pieces
3) E-mail pieces to myself on PPC and save to SD card
4) Copy to desktop over activesync and reassemble
5) Flash!
I can do that for ya if ya like How big of chunks? And u got winrar so I can use it to split right? let me know.
~Mike
Old 01-19-2007, 02:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

nmeister is a n00b
Not sure I understand the PPST.exe problem. What does is that .exe do, and when should I run it?
Old 01-19-2007, 03:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

vboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Very good to hear that 3.3 is working for Apache devices Mike.

Thanks to Helmi_c and you as always.

Now Helmi_c, please do WM6 Crossbow for our poor folks
Old 01-19-2007, 03:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: My using is a Touch Pro

Bushrod is just getting started
Thanks, Mike, but I'm good. I'm remoted in now.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:02 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

It just updates the PRL file, and u can run it after you have hard reset and the customization begins and then installs all the needed sprint cabs and reboots.....then run.
~Mike

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache