PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2007, 06:27 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....
Carrier: Sprint

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yep, adding REGEDIT4 then saving as Unicode before any editing. I have not noticed any reformatting in the text file. Do I leave the REGEDIT4 in there when I convert back? Getting the hang of things, but I am going to start fresh since I really didn't do that much yet and I want to get rid of all corruption.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:33 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
yea leave it in there have u edited initflash? If so did u hex edit afterwards?
~Mike

Old 01-21-2007, 06:45 PM
Retired Staff

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Yep and yep. I only added one thing, but it did not seem to work. I did this a while back when I could get it to boot. I think the boot issue is somewhere in a corrupt registry.

When you edit initflash, do you have to do anything else such as creating a .lnk file?

"Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Games"):-File("Pocket Chess.lnk","\Windows\Pocket Chess.lnk")"

In this example from the first post, am I correct in assuming that all you are doing is naming a target directory, naming the file to be linked, and naming where it is found? There does not actually need to be a Pocket Chess.lnk file?

EDIT: Figured it out (I think). You need the shortcuts which are .lnk files. Don't know how to create them though, but I can steal them from cabs if they are available. Also got it to boot by skipping the boot.hv step and just recompiling the dumb to nba to nbf.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:59 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
yea I found that making the .lnk on my ppc and active syncing to easiest way for me
Old 01-21-2007, 07:06 PM
Retired Staff

Were you just dumping the rom after that?
Old 01-21-2007, 07:11 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

huh? You lost me. The dumps on the computer, and I would take the .lnks of my ppc and move to the dump folder then rebuild my nk.nbf.
~Mike
Old 01-21-2007, 07:29 PM
Retired Staff

I read your last post wrong. Slight case of retardedness. What about from scratch?
Old 01-21-2007, 07:45 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel
I read your last post wrong. Slight case of retardedness. What about from scratch?
new text document type in 24#"\Windows\something.exe" save as select save file type all files, something.lnk. You need to change the number to match the number of characters located after the # sign. (also simple)
~Mike
Old 01-21-2007, 08:47 PM
Retired Staff

Thanks, getting it. Brain hurts. Need football distraction.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:35 PM
Retired Staff

Still having trouble getting reg edits to stick. Mostly something is gettng corrupted when converting back from txt to .hv. The batch cranks out a 28kb .hv file that is much smaller than the default.hv in the dump file. When I convert it back to text it is only a few of the registry lines. Not sure what is happening. Have you seen this?

For instance, I will do something very simple like .hv to txt. Open, add REGEDIT4, save as unicode. Then just do the quick change to enable smartdialer. Save, close, txt to .hv and everything is gone. Hopefully this will ring a bell.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache