PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2008, 10:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: i910 w/Adrynalyne WM6.1 v1.5 rom
Carrier: Verizon

UnstoppableDrew is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is there a list of typeable symbols ?

After owning my xv6700 for almost a year, I finally found out how to type a symbol. Is there a list anywhere of what all the typeable symbols are ? The Google has failed me.
Thanks!
Old 01-08-2008, 03:04 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I'm pretty sure its in the user manual

lol... nope, anyway this is the general info:

"Symbols not on the keyboard. If you have a hardware keyboard that has a "Sym" button (often Fn + Space) you can use it to type symbols that aren't on the keyboard. For instance, say the keyboard has a "/" but no "\". Type "/" then hit Sym. It'll switch. Hit Sym again and it'll switch to "|". This is also a somewhat convenient way to get non-English characters. For instance, if you want an o with an umlaut over it, hit o and then hit the Sym key a few times. It'll cycle through the various accents. Or, if you need the Spanish ñ, hit n then Sym. "

So pretty much, the sym key(s) you can get are the ones that look like the key you pressed - you just have to play with it (say in notepad) to get an idea of what each does.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: i910 w/Adrynalyne WM6.1 v1.5 rom
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

UnstoppableDrew is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Yeah, I was just hoping there was a list compiled somewhere to save me the effort of trying every key to see what it produces. Maybe someday when I'm supremely bored I'll create such a list as a public service.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache