PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2008, 11:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: verizon xv6700

christinme7890 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
http://msmobiles.com/news.php/3983.html
here is a small quote from the website...
"New FREE utility - sms Backup for Pocket PC phones released
June 29, 2005 [Pocket PC phone] | By Edward J. Rutkowski.

It is difficult (or impossible) to find free programs like this at Handango, so here we present it to you: smsBackup - completely for free!

With this program, you can backup, restore and export all your messages (SMS, MMS, E-mail, etc.) which are stored in Messaging application.

You can backup and/or export your messages manually or smsBackup can backup/export the new messages on every incoming SMS!"

bad news is it seems the link is broken but maybe you can find it somewhere else. It says that it can backup/export the new messages on every incoming sms
Old 01-09-2008, 12:16 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...smsbackup.html
Good link

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 01-09-2008, 12:27 PM
Retired Staff

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
Seems some people have problems with that one, though, but this is the updated version of the program by the same author. Free version only allows 3 rules, pay allows more.
http://www.zedsoft.net/
Old 01-09-2008, 12:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
PPCPimBackup is good and all and can be found all over the net by doing a simply and quick google search but it only backs up what is on the device at the time of the backup and not in real time. While this makes the app useful for backing up things, it makes it useless for the OP

To the OP, I can honestly say that when I was hiding texts from my wife (at the time) I had mine set up to not save a copy in the sent folder and to delete immediately w/o going to trash and asking for confirmation. I know exactly what games both of you are trying to play. It is true cat and mouse.

However, one thing I remember my wife trying to do was (when she thought I was asleep) she would take my phone and go through it and re-change the settings to keep a copy and delete goes to the trash. This is where I started getting a step ahead of her and using that other app we spoke about earlier. I know that app wont help you but my point is that maybe you can get a hold of her phone and change the settings back so you could find out more of what is going on.

Secondly, you do not have what ported what carrier you are using but I know I have VZW and I spoke to them about all this some time back. VZW does give a full detailed list of what number you text and what time and day. This works for who you text to and for who texts you. However, it does not provide WHAT text. In order to get that info you must subpoena the info and of which (from what i was told) they only keep 3-5days worth of it on the server anyway.

What carrier are you with BTW? Have you tried changing the settings on her phone yet? Have you checked your detailed phone bill?
Old 01-09-2008, 03:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: verizon xv6700

christinme7890 is a n00b
you could also try a keylogger for the ppc. I like what weedahoe said about checking your monthly bill. This would be a very easy way to find out who she has been texting the most. Then if you can get the phone from her you could text the person and ask "what it was we were previously talking about." I know this is tricky but...
Old 01-09-2008, 05:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ecamacho is a n00b
I am trying to think if there is any website or program you could sign her phone up for that will be like a proxy or gateway for her sms. So for her it looks like a regular sms but the real deal is that it goes to a website first and then gets sent out. I know there are some services similar to that, but I don't know if they can do exactly that. That way you wouldn't even need to check her phone at all, you'd just go to the website and see all the sms messages. Is there anything like this available?
Old 01-10-2008, 12:06 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

ALBOWSKI is just getting started
cool, im testing the sms backup app on my mogul now. As far as I know sprint doesnt offer much detail when it comes to sms. mms is logged on the picmail site but all I can find out about sms is the total# sent during the billing cycle. The detailed billing has a record of phone calls but not for sms! I guess I could call sprint and see if a rep(not likely) could provide more info. I have not checked the settings on her phone, she is using the palm threaded sms which I dont use. I could easily grab the phone when she is asleep and check it, Im just not sure what settings I would need to play around with? I will search for a ppc key logger when I get home today. thanks a bunch for all the suggestions guys/gals I really appreciate it!
Old 01-10-2008, 12:09 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

ALBOWSKI is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecamacho View Post
I am trying to think if there is any website or program you could sign her phone up for that will be like a proxy or gateway for her sms. So for her it looks like a regular sms but the real deal is that it goes to a website first and then gets sent out. I know there are some services similar to that, but I don't know if they can do exactly that. That way you wouldn't even need to check her phone at all, you'd just go to the website and see all the sms messages. Is there anything like this available?
This is kind of what I had in my head when I started thinking about this. I just dont know of anything like that! Im thinking the sms forwarding option on the sms backup app might be helpful. I know the guys phn# and Im thinking I could set it up to forward his txts to my phone. then I could do a txt restore and I should be able to piece together the conversations.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: none
Carrier: none

Baby is a n00b
Re: question about sms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Zone View Post
did you ever look at flexispy , the cheapest spy software is 150, for 1 yr service, it is really what you are looking for..... cheating spouses

FlexiSPY LIGHT FEATURES

SMS Logging (Read the contents of all incoming and outgoing SMS messages.)
Call History (View their entire call history and see who is really calling. If the number exists in the phone address book you will also see the name connected to this number)
EMAIL Logging, See complete emails sent from the mobile
Install directly into the phone, No cables, No computer, No Hassle
After installation control FlexiSPY by sending undetectable SMS commands using our remote control software
Powerful and easy to use reporting system
FlexiSPY LIGHT also is available for Blackberry and Windows Mobile
Understand all the spyphone features
FlexiSPY LIGHT spyphone also available for Blackberry and Windows mobile
More Questions. Read our FAQ
FREE Remote control software
I never use flexispy, I use Mobile spy. It works great for me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache