PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PCC6700 WITH WM6
Carrier: Sprint

emperial is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy SMS doens't show return number

When I receive a text message, it does not show me who sent it. Instead, it takes the first word of the message and puts that into the return address. I have no way of knowing who sent me the message.

I am running the 6700 with a WM6 ROM installed. This was never a problem with WM5 and only started once I had the WM6 ROM installed.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by emperial View Post
When I receive a text message, it does not show me who sent it. Instead, it takes the first word of the message and puts that into the return address. I have no way of knowing who sent me the message.

I am running the 6700 with a WM6 ROM installed. This was never a problem with WM5 and only started once I had the WM6 ROM installed.
If I remember right, this was a regular symptom of having a conflict in your provisioning, assuming you are using a pre-cooked rom, not the kitchen. You need to hard-reset, go through the initial screens, then soft-reset during the countdown right after you set your time zone (also known as interrupting the carrier customizations.)
If you have been using the kitchen, then this is a symptom of failing to hard reset after flashing. A simple hard reset should fix it.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:19 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

emperial is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB_XV6700 View Post
If I remember right, this was a regular symptom of having a conflict in your provisioning, assuming you are using a pre-cooked rom, not the kitchen. You need to hard-reset, go through the initial screens, then soft-reset during the countdown right after you set your time zone (also known as interrupting the carrier customizations.)
If you have been using the kitchen, then this is a symptom of failing to hard reset after flashing. A simple hard reset should fix it.
How can I tell which ROM I'm using? The guy at the Spring store did the upgrade for me so I have no idea. I've hard reset this phone a few times, usually after it'd get stuck at the boot loader and not go any further, and I still have the issue.

Would upgrading to the latest ROM ver. help?
Old 01-05-2008, 11:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by emperial View Post
...The guy at the Spring store did the upgrade for me so I have no idea.

I was looking at your post 1st/3rd..and noticed what you posted......they upgraded your 67 to WM6?

or

You did the upgrade to WM6?

Just trying to make things clear
Old 01-06-2008, 01:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TouchPRO

Poestaboy is a n00b
Quote:
Im having the same problem... Im using the Apache Kitchen CE OS 5.2.1908 (Build 18508.0.7.0)

from http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11074

ima when i hard reset..do i press "Y" or "N"

i wasnt having this problem at 1st....only after i went to factory settings, and back to it again
Old 01-06-2008, 01:26 PM
N00b

Poestaboy is a n00b
it worked... I Hard resetted, pressed Y and soft reset with after i entered the timezone and all that...now it works..thanks alot TMB
Old 01-06-2008, 02:18 PM
N00b

Poestaboy is a n00b
well now..doing it that way..i cant connect to the internet lol...

if its not one problem its another... How do i get my Connection to work after doing that?
Old 01-06-2008, 05:11 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

emperial is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poestaboy View Post
well now..doing it that way..i cant connect to the internet lol...

if its not one problem its another... How do i get my Connection to work after doing that?
To fix the internet go to: Settings > Phone > Services > Internet > Click Start IOTA
Old 01-06-2008, 05:42 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

emperial is a n00b
Smile

Quote:
This worked. Woohoo!!! Thanks! =D> =D> =D>

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache