PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: verizon

ohanahorse is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
XV6700 verizon Mobile 6.1

Hi, just bought my wife the above and want to install 6.1. I'm new to this and want a fast easy solution. I've been reading and thus far, I either get to the kitchen (above my skill set) or seem to get broken links. Is there a newer path to Helmi_c's download...it has more than what my wife will want/use and seems to be the easiest path...
Thanks and apologies if this is redundant..
Old 07-14-2010, 07:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vx6700, xv6800, xv6850, xv6875, xv6900, xv6975,
Carrier: vzw

hemanolio is just getting started
Re: XV6700 verizon Mobile 6.1

on this forum:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=verizon+stock
Old 07-14-2010, 10:26 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ohanahorse is a n00b

Hi,
Thanks for the info..ran this, but seems I am still at 5...tried some of the 6.1 ROM's but no luck..suggestions on a 6.1 ROM with ONEnotes (my wife thinks she needs this).
thanks
Old 07-15-2010, 12:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

gambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Check here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=76739

The OP has alot of flashing videos on youtube. See his sig. Give him some thanks. He's helped alot of ppl. Read up on the process. The 2.05 BL is small so the ROM has to be small. That's usually why it won't load and you get stuck in BL. I don't think you get onenote til the 6.5 ROM, which is also in the Update subforum. Hope this helps. Good Luck.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:29 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ohanahorse is a n00b

Hi, thanks for the update...I've been reading since this post trying to figure this puppy out...It seems I have bootloader 2.05 which may be a problem. It seems 6.5 would be my best option. I'm fine with that. Is there a ROM that works with 2.5?? or if not, can you provide how to revert to an appropriate bootloader for 6.5. I'm not looking for anything fancy so a stock/standard ROM that would work with 2.05 would be best, if not, then the easiest path to end up at 6.5.
thanks
Old 07-15-2010, 12:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker

gambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

He's got a 6.5 ROM but only to 2.02BL:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=77355

You can see if it fits your 2.05. That's where the kitchen comes in. You can "cook" a custom ROM to your specifications. Used to be pretty active flashing when I had my XV6700 but never went to 6.5. I stuck to a stable ROM 6.0 that I cooked and that would be my advice to you. The different WM versions really only have a few more features than previous and all can be solved with the correct 3rd party software in WM5. WM6 gave HTML email, 6.1 gave threaded SMS, and 6.5 just gives a better IE. Flashing is not an exact science and sometimes can get you into trouble. This board is not very active anymore so not much help.

That BL downgrade is in the sticky above "Stuck in BL 2.05" or something like that. It can be pretty tricky and is probably where most have bricked the phone. Usually you can get out of a bad flash. Be careful.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:56 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ohanahorse is a n00b

Thanks for the additional info...Is there any ROM that works with 2.05 BL? I'm concerned that downgrading the BL is beyond my skillset. My goal is to get to 6.x and have a stable standard phone. your thoughts?
Old 07-15-2010, 01:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Well, I would definitely try PDAPJ's 6.1 as he gives good instructions and he specifies it should fit the 2.05 BL. If it doesn't work, you can try PMing him and see if he will help you. Again, I'm not sure how active any1 is on this site anymore. The kitchen is pretty straightforward but it has changed alot and I would be of little/no help.

Oh and I was wrong about the onenote. You should be able to run on any Windows Mobile PPC:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/on...95622.aspx#BM1

Again, don't fret too much about not upgrading. WM5 is fine. It will be faster than WM6.X. Definitely use Skyfire as your browser:
http://www.skyfire.com/support/support-skyfire-1-5/
Old 07-15-2010, 02:28 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ohanahorse is a n00b

Great tips...tried the 2.05 from him and did not work, but just sent message. Got my teeth into this, so want the cheap satisfaction of completion..thanks for the browser tip too..
p

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache