PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2006, 10:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: EVIL V

EDGE23 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to EDGE23
im toying with this right now, only remove sprint junk and i have 40 free on storage i think ill wait a little longer,, this kinda complicated for me,, but for now i wont have to unintall junk everytime i hard reset.
samsung 680, a700, 920, legendary 9k, a900, 6700, treo 700wx, 6800, 6700, 6800(collecting dust), as of 01/09/08 htc touch, and 5/24/08 finally the blackberry curve, 10/15/08 touch pro, 4/30/09 boring blackberry curve again.
12/04/09 DROID.
WM, HTC, and BB can go to hell now.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TouchPro
Carrier: Sprint

racorby is a n00b
Do you actually need to remove the CABs from the ROM you don't use? Or is it sufficient to just not have them listed in your config.txt?
Old 12-10-2006, 12:20 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
back when i had my 6700 i did both...removed the cabs and edited the config.txt then performed a hard reset. BUT...and this is a big one...you gain more space by letting them install then going into the extended rom and manually installing them thus creating an uninstall option as it was originally intended...make sure if you go and manually install the apps that you clear out every folder/file associated with those apps to free up the memory otherwise you're just pissing in the wind so to speak.

Old 12-10-2006, 12:31 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
removing from the config.txt would work, since that's what it goes by when installing the apps.
~mike

Old 12-10-2006, 12:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TouchPro

racorby is a n00b
I think we are talking about two different things. If I just want to get rid of junk, then I can just edit the config.txt. If I want to do that PLUS gain space on the ROM to use. then I can install and uninstall or simply just delete from the ROM without installing. Right?
Old 12-10-2006, 12:59 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
you can delete the .cabs to gain space, but only delete the ones that are not needed.
~mike
Old 12-10-2006, 03:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Alwaysbelieve1 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Alwaysbelieve1 Send a message via Yahoo to Alwaysbelieve1
Is this the same method as that which has been over at PDAphonehome for a while now? Just curious.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:39 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

you got me I rarely stop by there, and havent seen a tutorial like this. I may be wrong, but dont get his tutorial mixed with the junkware removal one, because this is different. We do a have a remove junkware tutorial also.
~mike
Old 12-11-2006, 04:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: EVIL V

EDGE23 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to EDGE23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake
you can delete the .cabs to gain space, but only delete the ones that are not needed.
~mike
somehow I got the feeling that I deleted something I wasn't supposed to. LOL I acnt send txt mssgs or acess phone settings. I get a mssg saying phone phone is not ready wait 15 sec.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:04 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

ugh oh. Check the ext rom using TC and make sure u have what I recommend u leave in the ext. surely that's what ur problem is.
~Mike

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache