PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2007, 12:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
how do i stop txt msg from displaying on screen?

Here is the deal, I love my txt and want my txt but what I do not want it when one comes in that is gets previewed and displayed on my screen for a few secs and of course then goes aways. I dont want to popping up at all. I have already went to my Notifications and unchecked "display on screen" for Messaging: New Text Messages. So can someone please help me out a bit as I would really like to get this resolved.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Have you tried the palm-like threaded sms? It does give a notification of new messages, but it is much less annoying of a notification, chicks dig it and it makes you better in bed.

Before criticizing someone, first walk a mile in his shoes...
Then when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC
Carrier: Sprint

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP
i did some test runs....on the first screen of sound/notifcation....i unchecked "notification"....then did what you did..and unchecked "display on screen".....and it worked....I sent a message to myself from the pc...and no popup.....just the counter on my S2U2...and phone alarm

Last edited by Unknown Zone; 11-27-2007 at 01:16 AM.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC
Carrier: Sprint

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by verizonguy View Post
...... chicks dig it and it makes you better in bed.
Its like I have heard that many many moons ago......

Please help me out.....lol
Old 11-27-2007, 01:29 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Zone View Post
i did some test runs....on the first screen of sound/notifcation....i unchecked "notification"....then did what you did..and unchecked "display on screen".....and it worked....I sent a message to myself from the pc...and no popup.....just the counter on my S2U2...and phone alarm
Ah, well mine doesnt want to copperate with me on that route. I have trie and tried and no such luck. THX for the assist though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by verizonguy View Post
Have you tried the palm-like threaded sms? It does give a notification of new messages, but it is much less annoying of a notification, chicks dig it and it makes you better in bed.
I actually have the Palm threaded app and really liked it. But I have to use an SMS encryption app called EasyHelper SMS Security and it will only read the mail in the default location. When you install the Palm app the mail no longer goes to the SMS Inbox. Also I use Phone Dashboard and it too will only read from the SMS Inbox.

THX also for trying. I ave two saved SPB Clones of my phone and one is with the Palm app while the other is without. I can go back and forth as I choose.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:31 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Just as an update, now all of a sudden the SMS Encryption software works fully. It always encrypted but when a txt came in the SMS would be displayed on the screen even though in the inbox it would be encrypted. So potentially another person could read your SMS as long as you had never read it or acknowledged it. But for some reason now then a SMS comes in it will still display on the screen but come up as being encrypted.

What actually happens with this SMS Security software is that you can set it by means of defining rules on which to encrypt and how to notify you. So in my case I can let anything come through and go to my Inbox with normal tone and vibe notification except a few people (other womens' SMS) and those few will be redirected to another virtual box and can be setup to play a different tone as well as take and hide the original SMS but will display whatever you want it to say. I have mine setup to read "Error 3: SMS Blocked" so that is any other female go through my phone and read my Inbox they can read normal mail and see some that looked blocked. If I want to read the encrypted SMS I can go to the app and login though a defined pass and read/reply to the SMS. The other cool thing is that if you reply to an SMS it does not get saved in the Sent folder of your OEM SMS that comes with the phone so even if my wife were to check my folders, there would be nothing incrimidating there to be read.

So while I would love to use my Palm threaded app, I cannot just yet as it will not work with the SMS Security app. That sucks but there always seems to be a trade-off somewhere.

So overall it seems as if I will no longer have to worry about the SMS coming up on the screen after all. THX guys for your help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache