PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   (WTA)XV6700 screen alignment always change (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11861)

ferky 11-16-2007 09:51 AM

(WTA)XV6700 screen alignment always change

Hello Apachers...I'm noob here I wanna ask about my verizon 6700 problem.
The problem is my touchscreen alignment always incorrect although i have re align using setting system screen alignment. after i re align usually the touch screen tap is function properly but after i use the phone within few minutes it moves again usually moved to the right side of the screen.
For example i type with keyboard when my stylus tapping the"n" letter the screen will type "m" ](*,)](*,)](*,)
This problem really make me crazy ........Please some one help me...
What i've done :
Try using WM 5 = The problem percist
Try upgrade to WM 6 (thanks to Helmi_C) = The problem percist
Upgrade Radio = The problem percist
please help me...
Thanks in advance
Regards Ferky

FastRX8 11-16-2007 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferky (Post 123360)
The problem is my touchscreen alignment always incorrect although i have re align using setting system screen alignment. after i re align usually the touch screen tap is function properly but after i use the phone within few minutes it moves again usually moved to the right side of the screen.
For example i type with keyboard when my stylus tapping the"n" letter the screen will type "m" ](*,)](*,)](*,)
What i've done :
please help me...
Thanks in advance
Regards Ferky

I talked to one other person that had this same issue.
He only had it w/ a rom that had a registry setting for the screen alignment.
Are there any custom registry settings you're using for alignment?
One possible fix is to delete the registry setting from the phone, and re-align.
Maybe that will keep them from changing back.
Here is the registry location
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\TOUCH
Delete the key called "CalibrationData".
Reset your phone, and then re-align.
By the way, a quick way to get to the re-align screen is to push the center of the joystick and the windows key at the same time.

psiphi 11-16-2007 07:04 PM

Clean the Corners...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferky (Post 123360)
What i've done :
please help me...
Thanks in advance
Regards Ferky

There is another thread on this (search on digitizer) but one possible solution is to carefully take a sheet of paper and clean the lint between the case and the screen, being careful not to get it stuck around the corners... This solved my problem for a long time (until I droped the PDA and the top half of my screen was permanently mis-alligned... Thank you Sprint for TEP ;) )

Good Luck...

schettj 11-16-2007 07:11 PM

I'd agree - usually some small amount of gunk in the edge there causes misreads of the touchscreen.

jhonny11 11-16-2007 07:14 PM

I had the same issue - cleaned between the screen and case with the edge of something and it cleared up a lot. Still not perfect, but a LOT better

GaMedic 11-16-2007 11:09 PM

I have had the same screen alignment issue. I cleaned wirh paper, so we shall see if that works. I did find there was a fair amount of buildup.

GaMedic 11-16-2007 11:42 PM

I am still having the alignment issue so I deleted the registry setting listed above and reset then realigned. Hopefullt this will help.

ferky 11-17-2007 02:38 AM

trying to clean some buildup...found so many of it...black ..and dusty..hope it will on my phone thanks for all suggestion i'll try the reg edit later after going home from work

ferky 11-17-2007 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FastRX8 (Post 123520)
I talked to one other person that had this same issue.
He only had it w/ a rom that had a registry setting for the screen alignment.
Are there any custom registry settings you're using for alignment?
One possible fix is to delete the registry setting from the phone, and re-align.
Maybe that will keep them from changing back.
Here is the registry location
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\TOUCH
Delete the key called "CalibrationData".
Reset your phone, and then re-align.
By the way, a quick way to get to the re-align screen is to push the center of the joystick and the windows key at the same time.

thanks RX8 this is remembering me that i didn't find this miss alignment issue when using verizonguy WM6 version...but still wanna build my own rom with build os....
Quote:

Originally Posted by psiphi (Post 123697)
There is another thread on this (search on digitizer) but one possible solution is to carefully take a sheet of paper and clean the lint between the case and the screen, being careful not to get it stuck around the corners... This solved my problem for a long time (until I droped the PDA and the top half of my screen was permanently mis-alligned... Thank you Sprint for TEP ;) )

Good Luck...

@Psiphi :I've give it a try..it has been 5ours since i clear the "lint " between the casing and the touch screen...it work very nice i don't have any more miss alignment issue. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: hope fully it'll last long ....Thanks alot....
Quote:

Originally Posted by schettj (Post 123703)
I'd agree - usually some small amount of gunk in the edge there causes misreads of the touchscreen.

Thanks bro Schettj this seem my problem solver....
Quote:

Originally Posted by jhonny11 (Post 123706)
I had the same issue - cleaned between the screen and case with the edge of something and it cleared up a lot. Still not perfect, but a LOT better

try to clean more may be using "C" formed Cartoon, choose the hard one..maybe some buildup still stuck under your casing....
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ga. Medic (Post 123873)
I have had the same screen alignment issue. I cleaned wirh paper, so we shall see if that works. I did find there was a fair amount of buildup.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ga. Medic (Post 123887)
I am still having the alignment issue so I deleted the registry setting listed above and reset then realigned. Hopefullt this will help.

Try Rx 8 advise..but i hvn't try it i just wanna try the solution one by one so that i would know the source of the problem.please share to us if you had fix your problem bro Ga THANKS ...

ferky 11-18-2007 10:11 AM

Big mistake

Please help me again..the problem come back to my phone ....](*,)](*,)](*,)
I've try the two tricks mentioned above but the problem come back now....
I've cleared dusty gunk under the cover...and i've done the registry editing..it only last for a few ours now my phone have the miss alignment issue again..
Please help Me (us) this is the only problem that i hate about my phone, the rest are make me really love this phone and won't move to another one..
Thanks in advance again any suggest is appreciated.
Regards
ferky:(