PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2007, 11:45 AM
Lurker

parabus is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
EMail error

When I setup my corporate email using POP3 access, I get the following error:
554 <blank@yahoo.com>: Relay access denied

The following recipients did not recieve the message:
blank@yahoo.com

I have checked all of the email settings and they are correct. The server does not require authorization for outgoing mail, but I tried with and without that setting checked and still had no luck.

I also noticed that there is not a voice dialing feature. This might just be something that MS took out, but I can't imagine why.

Other than that I love this new build I think helmi_C is some kind of PPC God. Thanks for all of the hard work.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 (Apache) ;PPC 6800 (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

naigaboy is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to naigaboy Send a message via MSN to naigaboy
@ RagingIdiot: This was just a test release for people to play with, hence all the duplicate types of applications for all users. Tried to accommodate as many people as possible without having them install a bunch of cabs. Ur ROM is also still unlocked from previous ROM flashes that you have done. This ROM does not touch ur extROM. That app is for ppl that havent done so previously. Yahoo Go is just a personal pref of Helmi, he uses it. Dont know of any google apps as of yet.

@ CafeteriaMan: Did you let your ext rom customize after you flashed the ROM (big No-No), also make sure to hard reset properly after you flash the ROM. I cannot duplicate your errors.

@ Hefman: Palm messaging was a realized problem before the release. Guess we should have mentioned that huh. It might be low level and this is just for apache users to know that wm6 is available for them. There is more and better to come from Helmi. we just want more ppl to test this on a wide arena so we can have better suggestions and results.

Hey Brian, Its been 24 hrs, Got my money?
Stop playing with me man.
This what happens man.
You got till 5 o'clock

Kitchen Info:
Old 08-31-2007, 11:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

rdonato is a n00b
Working fine on mine so far..I miss a front screen battery meter so I tried to install Spb Mobile Shell 1.5. It installs fine but it interferes with HTC Home by putting itself above it on the today screen. When you go to settings to move it below it is greyed out. Gonna go look for the topbar batter meter now
Old 08-31-2007, 11:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache

kevdawg is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to kevdawg Send a message via MSN to kevdawg Send a message via Yahoo to kevdawg Send a message via Skype™ to kevdawg
So far so good. No bugs from what I can tell. I have not installed any of my own applications as of yet though.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 4g
Carrier: sprint, t-mobile, verizon

k wizzle is just getting started
## Codes arent working

Last edited by k wizzle; 08-31-2007 at 04:09 PM.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:09 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
MSVoice Command no longer works using press of Button 5. [v1.6]
I "fixed" it by setting MSVC to Press/hold Button 5 and put record on regular press (since I never use that anyway).

Old 08-31-2007, 12:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 (Apache) ;PPC 6800 (Mogul)

naigaboy is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to naigaboy Send a message via MSN to naigaboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
MSVoice Command no longer works using press of Button 5. [v1.6]
I "fixed" it by setting MSVC to Press/hold Button 5 and put record on regular press (since I never use that anyway).
Incorrect trident.
You need to set this reg key
HKLM\software\OEM\VoiceCommand
Path=""

Key value VoiceCommand needs to be created , and path is a string with no value.

Soft reset and Enjoy
Old 08-31-2007, 12:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint TP; XV6900 before; XV6700 first
Carrier: was Verizon, now saving on Sprint

fredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stuff
no voice dialing & email memory issue

First, I have to say thanks and what an incredible job all around - even this newbie. middle-aged woman could upgrade with the instructions! I haven't had that much fun staying up all night like last night in years. Very exciting. Okay, I've had two issues. One I'm sure there's a program for - I'm missing the voice dialer. I believe I read someone else had that issue also. If this helps, following the flash I did not allow the Verizon customizations to install. My bigger problem is that my messaging is reading the extended rom as my storage card, and with the little memory there, is creating havic with my wireless sync. I recall someone else also experienced this, but I couldn't find the post. Any suggestions,etc. as to thse issues?
Old 08-31-2007, 12:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

david279 is a n00b
when I finish a call I usually could hit the end call button to go back to the home screen, but all it does is kills the data connection and it stays in the phone app.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint PPC-6700
Carrier: SprintPCS

sniffs is a n00b
The one thing I'm not fond of is having Windows Live Search bundeled. If they update it, you now have to install it to another location as the one included is locked in the ROM and cannot be over written, effectivly wasting 2x the space.

Now, just waiting for the kitchen to be released so I can make my own rom.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development