PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2007, 08:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I seem to have to press the red phone key twice in order to return to the home screen. I think in the past I only had to hit it once. For example, if I'm in my inbox looking at my list of email messages and I press the red phone button once, I get a very quiet beep and nothing happens. If I double-press the red button, I get returned to the Today screen. Not sure if that's a bug or a feature.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

PhilR8 is just getting started
I read the entire thread and didn't seen any mention of this, so perhaps it is a problem isolated to my device:

Internet sharing is not working for me. I've used it in the past with several different roms without any problems. I have the Toshiba BT stack and normally, I create a new connection from my PC and select "serial" as the connection type. Then I select Internet Sharing on my PDA, press connect, and then double click the icon on my computer that represents my PDA. Done.

Now, when I try to create a BT connection with my Apache with this WM6 rom, I cannot select a "serial" connection - I can only connect a dialup network option. I initiate the connection from my PC, it dials #777, and then connects to the internet and I'm off and running.

So, I have the internet over bluetooth, but I would rather use Internet sharing. This new wmodem-esque way of using my phone as a modem seems slower.

Any thoughts? Is it just my device? Thanks!
Old 08-31-2007, 08:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Tmobile

chutio13 is a n00b
car bluetooth

When my phone pairs with my car after this upgrade, it automatically shows calling on the screen in the car. but the phone shows no calls being made. I have to press hang up on my cars steering wheel to end the call. this did not happen before with WM5. I do however like the antenna strength on my car's screen which did not show up before.

So far, great job.... hopefully all the bugs will be worked out... looking forward to the kitchen
Old 08-31-2007, 08:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700

CHUFLY29 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrank View Post
My device seems to hang forever after pin entry, I just did a hard-reset. Other than that, this ROM is awesome!
I had this happen to me also (and it seems a few others have this issue).

I've also noticed that when using the iLauncher Close(X) button it doesn't actually close the phone app all the time. In fact, I've had more than a few open (3-4). However, I'm guessing this is more of a iLauncher thing than the ROM
Old 08-31-2007, 08:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6800
Carrier: sprint

brad65807 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by haus View Post
I seem to have to press the red phone key twice in order to return to the home screen. I think in the past I only had to hit it once. For example, if I'm in my inbox looking at my list of email messages and I press the red phone button once, I get a very quiet beep and nothing happens. If I double-press the red button, I get returned to the Today screen. Not sure if that's a bug or a feature.
Just tried it, and i have the same thing. 1 push of the red phone will only beep. I did find out if you are in a call and reading your email, 1 push will hang up the call, but leave you in the email you were reading.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700 & 6800/ Touch Pro/ now Htc Incredible
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

charleskincade is just getting started
Unhappy apache wm6 ce os

I flashed the new rom this morning but I can't my text messaging to work at all. Can someone please help me! I also noticed there are two browsers and two file explorers. Otherwise, everything works perfectly fine for me. But as stated before. I click the messaging icon and nothing happens. I try to do it from the start menu and when I click on new and select sms nothing happens there either. Somebody, anybody please help!
Old 08-31-2007, 08:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 (Apache) ;PPC 6800 (Mogul)

naigaboy is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to naigaboy Send a message via MSN to naigaboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilR8 View Post
I read the entire thread and didn't seen any mention of this, so perhaps it is a problem isolated to my device:

Internet sharing is not working for me. I've used it in the past with several different roms without any problems. I have the Toshiba BT stack and normally, I create a new connection from my PC and select "serial" as the connection type. Then I select Internet Sharing on my PDA, press connect, and then double click the icon on my computer that represents my PDA. Done.

Now, when I try to create a BT connection with my Apache with this WM6 rom, I cannot select a "serial" connection - I can only connect a dialup network option. I initiate the connection from my PC, it dials #777, and then connects to the internet and I'm off and running.

So, I have the internet over bluetooth, but I would rather use Internet sharing. This new wmodem-esque way of using my phone as a modem seems slower.

Any thoughts? Is it just my device? Thanks!
try this reg entry

BT PAN fix
HKLM\Comm\BTPAN1\Parms
ServiceID = {00001116-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb}

The value it has works on all stacks but toshiba. (toshiba works with nap and not pan)
lemme know how that works, dont have toshiba bt stack anymore.

Hey Brian, Its been 24 hrs, Got my money?
Stop playing with me man.
This what happens man.
You got till 5 o'clock

Kitchen Info:
Old 08-31-2007, 08:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700 & 6800/ Touch Pro/ now Htc Incredible
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

charleskincade is just getting started
apache wm6 ce os

ok, just did a soft reset and it seemed to solve the text messaging problem for now. Also, does anyone know if we can change the background colors on the today screen from the dull gray and black? I can change the background itself but is it possible to make the icons on the today screen appear in color?
Old 08-31-2007, 08:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

azarc3 is a n00b
I didn't see this directly anywhere so posting it...

ROM doesn't play nice with Chapura PocketMirror Professional v2.22.

After installation I can't get past the Windows Mobile boot screen with the circular lines on it. I'm trying a factory reset now.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

rwspark is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfreak95 View Post
To stop the SUCCESS: text message confirmation do this regedit:
Edit the registry

HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\SMS

Change "Delivery Ack" from 1 to 0

Soft reset
Mine was set to 3. I changed it to 0 and it still tells me that my message was sent.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development