PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2009, 05:45 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PDAJ's Clean WM6.5 ROM 4 Apache

Hi guys. Here is a clean ROM I put together for the Apache using build 21501. Pretty nice and stable build. Thanks to those involved in putting the build together. Since this is a clean ROM, there are minimal programs in it, to ensure it will run smoothly, and also so you can start small then add whatever programs you'd like.

Programs included:
MS Office
Solitaire & Bubble Breaker

How to flash:
1. Check your bootloader, then download the appropriate ROM below.
2. Put the phone in bootloader (Power button+Record button+Stylus in reset hole).
3. Plug into computer, if on Vista open Windows Mobile Device Center and shut off USB Connections.
4. Run the excutable in the ROM folder.
5. When done HARD RESET(two soft keys+Stylus in reset hole) DO NOT FORGET TO DO THIS, and enjoy the ROM!

Links:
v1.00-v1.02-v2.02
v1.00-v1.02-v2.02

This is a generic ROM so it works for all carriers, you might however want to hit the reset whole upon first boot up. When you see "OEM Customizations will start in 3 seconds", hit te reset hole. If you would like a specfic carrier ROM, post down below or drop me a P.M. and I will post it.

If you need a more detailed flashing guide or run into issues, please read my guides, link for those in my signature. If you can't find help, drop me a message.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.

Last edited by PDAPhoneJunkie; 12-15-2009 at 04:31 PM.
This post has been thanked 22 times.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Apache
Carrier: Sprint /Nextel

PENOYER is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: PDAJ's Clean WM6.5 ROM 4 Apache

Wow, unexpected & impressed...Thanks for your work.=D>
Old 07-31-2009, 09:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Apache
Carrier: verizon

juliend is just getting started
Re: PDAJ's Clean WM6.5 ROM 4 Apache

Thanks man, appreciate the work! I've tried several 6.5 kitchen builds but nothing has been complete or stable enough for me to stick with. I'm excited to try this.

When I tried to flash, I got "rom ugrade utility is not designed for your device" error 150. 1.04BL verizon...
Old 07-31-2009, 11:18 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Threadstarter

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Oh shute. Let me take a look...
Old 07-31-2009, 11:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc-6700
Carrier: Sprint

katapaltes is a n00b

It's thoughtful of you to offer a pre-cooked ROM for a new release, since you have the expertise to deal with the early-adopter bugs. Much grass.
I too got the "150" error on my Sprint 1.00 6700, using Vista 32-bit with "Allow USB Connections" unchecked (I think that's right).

EDIT: Upgrade works with XP SP3 32-bit.
EDIT: Seems to work well so far, but no longer have my data connection. SMS and phone work. Looks pretty...

Last edited by katapaltes; 08-01-2009 at 12:54 AM.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:18 AM
Lurker

katapaltes is a n00b

PDAJ, this is a very nice ROM indeed. All I had to do is perform the upgrade on XP instead of Vista and it worked great. The ROM is running fine on my Sprint 1.00 Apache with the exception of no data. The phone and texting works.

Is there any chance you can share how you built this ROM so we can reproduce your results and not beg you for a Sprint 1.00 Apache, etc. (cough cough) ROM?

I should probably try the Apache Performance/overclocking app on this build to possibly remove the small hesitation I sometimes see in the interface. Overall, however, it runs really smoothly on 6.5.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

webdaddy is a n00b

Much thanks for your hard work! Unfortunately, I'm getting "Error 150" while trying to install your ROM on my VZW XV6700 w/2.0.5 bootloader on my WinXP w/SP3 laptop. What am I doing wrong?
Old 08-01-2009, 01:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

webdaddy is a n00b

A little more info: I've tried the WM6.5 Apache v1.04-v2.04-v2.05 ROM several times but it always fails with Error 150. The page prior to that - which usually shows all the device and update versions - displayed no values.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:54 PM
Lurker

katapaltes is a n00b

webdaddy, that's the same behavior I saw on Vista. Strange..

I get no data connection, and an error "Cannot connect with current connection settings. To change your connection settings, tap settings."

UPDATE: I just added a modem connection for my carrier (Sprint) using #777 as the number to dial and I have a data connection now. I guess when I built with the Kitchen and selected Sprint as my carrier, that was done for me automatically.

Start / Settings / Connections / Connections / Add a new modem connection / Next / #777 / Next / leave everything blank / Finish / click Save Password when given the opportunity

UPDATE: Plugged the phone into power only (not PC-connected) overnight to recharge battery and phone was locked this morning with the right-top amber indicator LED on solid, not blinking. Rebooting a few times only got me as far as seeing a band across the top of the screen that holds the battery, speaker, etc. symbols. I had set up Exchange ActiveSync, my data connection with Sprint, Yahoo Mobile 3, and WMWiFiRouter. A hard reset cleared it, but it was still sluggish for a while after that.

Last edited by katapaltes; 08-02-2009 at 11:39 AM.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch Pro

djao125 is a n00b

I'm getting a country error when trying to install on a US based Verizon 6700.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development