PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2009, 03:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Reliance

raju_a is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to raju_a
Problem with WM6

Hi Friends,

I am facing a peculiar problem with my xv6700. When i press the "power on" button to start the handset, it start without a backlight and can be seen only under a light. However it allows me to make calls but cannot hear anything. When there is an incoming call there is no ring only incoming call alert icon flashes.

However, after battrey is discharged and wen keeping it for charging it switches on and get stuck on the white screen showing Radio as "None".

Now my problem is that I am not able to upgrade or downgrade the ROM it gives either of the error messeges like "Connection Error" or "Rom not made for this device".

Is there a way to completely erase everything including the OS and re-load a fresh set up so as to provide stability to the handset.

My current config is
ROM = WM6
Boot Loader : v1.00

Can someone help me to upgrade or downgrade so that my handset works properly.

regards

Raju
Old 03-06-2009, 04:02 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Re: Problem with WM6

This is a well known bug with the 6700, it happens from holding the power button too long. You only need to hold it down to power the device on, just tap it once to wake it up. Plug it in to the wall and then go to Settings>System>Backlight and turn the top one back up.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Reliance
Threadstarter

raju_a is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to raju_a

Thanks for your reply but i guess you haven't read the full post. The problem is with the WM6. So what i want is completely erase my ppc and reload the OS. It does not allow me to flash the device as it gives me error messages as mention in my post.

regards

Raju

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie View Post
This is a well known bug with the 6700, it happens from holding the power button too long. You only need to hold it down to power the device on, just tap it once to wake it up. Plug it in to the wall and then go to Settings>System>Backlight and turn the top one back up.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:54 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

You do NOT want to load WM6. It is so old and buggy. Use a WM6.1 ROM, I have a clean one already pre-made. Are you on Vista? I have a flashing guide too, please read before posting, all your issues have been answered before.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development