PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2009, 07:02 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: The Apache Lives on.... WM6.5 pics

21169 Apache Beta up

Apache 6.5 Beta 21169 all bootloaders/carriers

This rom was made to fit a 2.05 bootloader and therefore is backwards compatable with all bootloader types just use your bootloader specific RUU (NOID if available). Arcsoft is not included so you will need to install your carriers version. If you have a carrier other than vzw you may need to change settings/connections to your carrier if data won't connect. If your bootloader type does not have a NOID RUU and it gives a carrier error you will need to supercid your phone.

Info on supercid is found in my post here its item #3 http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20090

Special thanks to conflipper and DA_G for the work on sys 21169. I had to modify it a bit to fit it on apache and remove the extra dlls and exes (dunno why they were there as the modules that assemble them were there too) and use only the modules for it to fit (about 20mb worth of dlls and exes.)

Last edited by Getitnowmarketing; 03-01-2009 at 07:15 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro and Apache
Carrier: China Telecom

mellon is a n00b

nicely done! wait for the new kitchen
Old 03-02-2009, 07:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Maybe a dumb question but, does this work with the existing kitchen? If so, where does it go??

Thanks
Old 03-02-2009, 08:20 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard View Post
Maybe a dumb question but, does this work with the existing kitchen? If so, where does it go??

Thanks
Its a rom file. You need to use the Rom Update Utility compatable with your bootloader to flash it.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Apache->Mogul->TP2-> EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Slwitek is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to Slwitek Send a message via Yahoo to Slwitek

Any ideas on when we can expect a BuildOS update that will allow this to be used in the kitchen?

Old 03-03-2009, 12:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700

KottyKing is a n00b

Works pretty good. Works flawless with my sprint data. This will allow me to run a sdhc card, correct? I plan on using a 16gb microsdhc with mini adapter.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6700

selphj is a n00b

So you guys are using this rom with sprint and having no trouble making calls, data and text work as well? I may have to flash this as soon as I can if that is true.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:32 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slwitek View Post
Any ideas on when we can expect a BuildOS update that will allow this to be used in the kitchen?

Not sure but this rom was built using a test edition of ppc kitchen GGuruUsa made for me. All that needs to be done is implement wmreloc instead of greloc for 6.5 builds so its very minor and all the other tools work fine with 6.5.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Alltel brand
Carrier: Metro PCS

dev131 is a n00b

i have been using this rom hours after it came out. IE still not as good as opera and windows media player doesnt play.

Alas you still need to edit the registry with this:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Power]
"DisableGwesPowerOff"=dword:1

otherwise if you are listening to music or watching a video (i use TCPMP) after 4 minutes device will shut off if you dont touch the screen or hit a hard key

Microsoft voice command is still quitting due to low memory (i only tested with 1.6 build 19971 )

storage card sometimes disappears but ejecting card and replacing it makes it come back not too often but enough to be annoying. (i am using a generic NON SDHC 2 gig card but have not had problems with any other non 6.5 builds)

if anyone can help fix these please post your solution and i hope this helps you Drellisdee to fix these because as i mentioned in previous post these problems (except for storage card problem) were evident in latest build of the PPC Kitchen.

Congrats on the new arrival, my boy is turning 2 this month

I also have a cab file that worked on WM6 that would stop activesync from starting but it doesnt work in 6.5 if anyone would like to attempt to make it work, it would be great addition to this rom. PM me if you would like it.

Last edited by dev131; 03-04-2009 at 09:23 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700

KottyKing is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by selphj View Post
So you guys are using this rom with sprint and having no trouble making calls, data and text work as well? I may have to flash this as soon as I can if that is true.
This is correct. I have sprint and all 3 work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development