PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   transfering data from old backup to new flash (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=56480)

nursecosmo 02-05-2009 04:59 PM

transfering data from old backup to new flash

Great board. I wish that I would have known about this place a long time ago. Last week I reflashed my PPC 6700 from wm5 to a custom wm6 with the kitchen (awsome product btw and thanks to all who made it possible). Anyway, after I flashed to the new ROM, I can't get the backup data from my device to reload onto the new flash using the WMDC. My new flash has a different name than the old flash (new one is Cosmo's Apache vs the old one, Cosmo's Smartphone). How can I get the old contact and calender data back onto my device? I use Vista on the pc and do not have MS Outlook, which would make matters easier. Thank anyone who can help.

PDAPhoneJunkie 02-05-2009 07:20 PM

Re: transfering data from old backup to new flash

Sorry. Since you reflashed, you just lost all data. NEVER flash without backing up. Sorry to bring bad news, but it was a lesson for you :)

InvincibleLiving 02-05-2009 08:06 PM

also for the future I'd recommend PIMBackup it's a small app that backs up and restores your contacts, call histories, email and text quickly and easily... it's free. check it out!

nursecosmo 02-05-2009 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie (Post 692794)
Sorry. Since you reflashed, you just lost all data. NEVER flash without backing up. Sorry to bring bad news, but it was a lesson for you :)

I did back up, immediately before reflashing. I used the Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC).

nursecosmo 02-05-2009 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nautica2450 (Post 692898)
also for the future I'd recommend PIMBackup it's a small app that backs up and restores your contacts, call histories, email and text quickly and easily... it's free. check it out!

Thanks. I will try it for the future.

PDAPhoneJunkie 02-05-2009 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nursecosmo (Post 692904)
I did back up, immediately before reflashing. I used the Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC).

You said you don't have Outlook. If you don't have Outlook then there is no where for the data to be saved.

nursecosmo 02-06-2009 12:29 AM

Thankyou for the help. When I sync the PDA with the PC, what exactly is being syncd?

PDAPhoneJunkie 02-06-2009 03:27 AM

Nothing. It might say sync is going through, but without OutLook nothing can be done.

psiphi 02-06-2009 05:55 PM

I'm running off memory but:

My Document files in Main Memory are synced in a special folder usually named after your PDAs name in the My Documents folder on your PC

Favorites are stored in IE under Favorites>Mobile Favorites

All of the other stock items are stored in Outlook. If you don't have Outlook, they don't get backed up...

Note is is possible to have non-standard items (such as Pocket Money) that sync to other areas (such as MS Money 2003), but they would not be there unless you added them yourself...

Hope this helps....