PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Any pre-cooked Apache ROMS ? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54198)

k000 01-21-2009 02:36 PM

Any pre-cooked Apache ROMS ?

Coming to this thread ater a long time... oh boy... probably after 1.5 years. I am looking or a pre-cooked ROM for Apache, but see only Kitchen links above.

Is there a ROM I can install on Apache that would work ?

DanoH5656 01-21-2009 07:00 PM

Re: Any pre-cooked Apache ROMS ?

Nope.

Many, MANY, people have asked, but it's just not going to happen. The last premade ROM was from a long time ago, and it was a buggy WM6 ROM.

You are best off using the kitchen.

edit: If you are having trouble using the kitchens there are many tutorials and FAQ's to answer any and every concern. Just do a search or comb through the forum manually.

PDAPhoneJunkie 01-21-2009 07:09 PM

Seriously. Learn to read. There are several threads in here on that.

bzxzlg 01-21-2009 08:43 PM

Seriously PDAPhoneJunkie ...
I've read most of your recent posts and frankly, loose the attitude. Try posing some good constructive responses. Also understand that there does appear to be some issues with the 20xxx kitchens and ActiveSync to a corporate exchange server - and quite possibly the security rules pushed down from that server. Haven't quite put my finger on that as of yet, but have confirmed that the last couple of 19716 ROMs I built 12+ mos still seem to function correctly once I configure AS (minutes after doing that with a 20xxx ROM, the "zombie" mode clicks right in). At any rate, perhaps this issue has spurned the recent interest in the kitches prior to 20xxx that I've noticed in various posts.
Cheers

deprekate 01-22-2009 12:06 AM

i too am looking for old version as all the new versions available in the newest buildos, seem to be messed up when it comes to power management. like it shutting off after 4 minutes when idle but playing music. and many more problems. i even just flashed my phone back to a wm5, but it is soooo ugly, and no sms threading.

gguruusa 01-22-2009 02:09 AM

Lighten up guys. His question has been posed and answered several times this year, and we're barely into it. In fact, a similar thread is plainly visible.

Deprekate, the solution to your problem was posted some time ago and it's not a defect. Check the kitchen thread here or the support tickets at ppckitchen.org.

k000 01-22-2009 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie (Post 656910)
Seriously. Learn to read. There are several threads in here on that.

As I said.. I am coming back to Apache forums afetr a long time, and did not see any clear thread subjects which mention custom ROMs.

But thanks for being so useless in helping and TCing here..

gguruusa - the thread wasn't visible to me.. so maybe I am reading challenged. is there any harm in you or junkie pointing someone to that ?

PDAPhoneJunkie 01-22-2009 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bzxzlg (Post 657104)
Seriously PDAPhoneJunkie ...
I've read most of your recent posts and frankly, loose the attitude. Try posing some good constructive responses. Also understand that there does appear to be some issues with the 20xxx kitchens and ActiveSync to a corporate exchange server - and quite possibly the security rules pushed down from that server. Haven't quite put my finger on that as of yet, but have confirmed that the last couple of 19716 ROMs I built 12+ mos still seem to function correctly once I configure AS (minutes after doing that with a 20xxx ROM, the "zombie" mode clicks right in). At any rate, perhaps this issue has spurned the recent interest in the kitches prior to 20xxx that I've noticed in various posts.
Cheers

It gets rather anoying for us who come on and try and help people out with other questions, then we see someone repeat yet another thread. There is a thread on this in the Titan Forum as well.

I'm only saying that there are several threads on this and a simple search wouldn't hurt. Now I understand that this guy hasen't been around for awhile and maybe got indimidated by all that's changed over the past several months and didn't know where to start. So to him I apologize if I came across as being rude.

Oh, and why don't you take your own advice and make some useful posts to get rid of that "n00b" rank and boost up the reputation.

gguruusa 01-22-2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k000 (Post 658090)
gguruusa - the thread wasn't visible to me.. so maybe I am reading challenged. Is there any harm in you or junkie pointing someone to that?

What would be the point? The question was answered in reply #1. To point you to another thread would just waste your time.

PDAPhoneJunkie 01-22-2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gguruusa (Post 658737)
What would be the point? The question was answered in reply #1. To point you to another thread would just waste your time.

+1 It is an absolute stupid idea to use one of them buggy pre-made WM6 ROMs.