PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2009, 08:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511
Exclamation Help With Rom Flashing To Apache

i have an htc apache and i cant get wm6.1 on it kitchen doesnt work for me and helmi_c's pre made wm6 wont work either i thought that if some1 gave me a premade clean 6.1 rom for apache i can flash it using my storage card please help..............i did restart and reinstall buildosim sooooooo fed up i need help
Old 01-12-2009, 09:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

DanoH5656 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Help With Rom Flashing To Apache

What specific problems with the kitchen are you having? So far there hasn't been a single problem seen that could not be solved.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i build my rom and click play and it askes me if i want to replace the existing file and i click yes like 200 times then it gets to "creating registry" and it gets stuck i let it sit for 2 days and no progress i reinstalled but i still have the same problem somebody told me it was an oem but i unselected everything and still no luck......i would love a custom rom but if all i could get was a clean 1 that would be ok to i just dont want wm5
Old 01-12-2009, 06:27 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

The only Clean ROMs are WM5. We do not have pre-made WM6/6.1 ROMs anymore.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

i know there are no premade ones but can u help me use the kitchen or can u guys make a clean rom and post it
Old 01-12-2009, 10:18 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidetkin511 View Post
i know there are no premade ones but can u help me use the kitchen or can u guys make a clean rom and post it
When it stopped after making the registry, what error message did it give? There should be a message at the end of BuildStatus windows.

BTW, if you watch the play button, it will switch from a stop button to a play button when it is "not doing anything". If it's hung or working on somthing, it'll be a stop button.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

it changes to a stop button but i dont get an error message it never finishes creating the registry
Old 01-13-2009, 09:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800

DanoH5656 is becoming a great contributor

I used to get this kind of mishap whenever i forgot to match the bootloader version on the phone to the bootloader version in the kitchen. Make sure that it matches and that you aren't running excess processes on your PC when it is building.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:07 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

It also sounds like you are trying to build a bloated rom, which will not load on Apache. Build a very lean rom, verify it flashes, and build on that success.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:43 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Yes. You can not put a ton of junk in a ROM. I also had stated that in the thread about asking how to revert bootloaders. If you have a 2.05 it still is enough to build a ROM, filled with enough stuff. There is no reason you should be building so much stuf you run out.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development