PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Help With Rom Flashing To Apache (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52776)

davidetkin511 01-11-2009 08:24 PM

Help With Rom Flashing To Apache

i have an htc apache and i cant get wm6.1 on it kitchen doesnt work for me and helmi_c's pre made wm6 wont work either i thought that if some1 gave me a premade clean 6.1 rom for apache i can flash it using my storage card please help..............i did restart and reinstall buildos](*,)im sooooooo fed up i need help

DanoH5656 01-12-2009 09:59 AM

Re: Help With Rom Flashing To Apache

What specific problems with the kitchen are you having? So far there hasn't been a single problem seen that could not be solved.

davidetkin511 01-12-2009 06:11 PM

i build my rom and click play and it askes me if i want to replace the existing file and i click yes like 200 times then it gets to "creating registry" and it gets stuck i let it sit for 2 days and no progress i reinstalled but i still have the same problem somebody told me it was an oem but i unselected everything and still no luck......i would love a custom rom but if all i could get was a clean 1 that would be ok to i just dont want wm5

PDAPhoneJunkie 01-12-2009 06:27 PM

The only Clean ROMs are WM5. We do not have pre-made WM6/6.1 ROMs anymore.

davidetkin511 01-12-2009 06:55 PM

i know there are no premade ones but can u help me use the kitchen or can u guys make a clean rom and post it

gguruusa 01-12-2009 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidetkin511 (Post 635552)
i know there are no premade ones but can u help me use the kitchen or can u guys make a clean rom and post it

When it stopped after making the registry, what error message did it give? There should be a message at the end of BuildStatus windows.

BTW, if you watch the play button, it will switch from a stop button to a play button when it is "not doing anything". If it's hung or working on somthing, it'll be a stop button.

davidetkin511 01-12-2009 10:22 PM

it changes to a stop button but i dont get an error message it never finishes creating the registry

DanoH5656 01-13-2009 09:21 AM

I used to get this kind of mishap whenever i forgot to match the bootloader version on the phone to the bootloader version in the kitchen. Make sure that it matches and that you aren't running excess processes on your PC when it is building.

gguruusa 01-13-2009 10:07 AM

It also sounds like you are trying to build a bloated rom, which will not load on Apache. Build a very lean rom, verify it flashes, and build on that success.

PDAPhoneJunkie 01-13-2009 11:43 AM

Yes. You can not put a ton of junk in a ROM. I also had stated that in the thread about asking how to revert bootloaders. If you have a 2.05 it still is enough to build a ROM, filled with enough stuff. There is no reason you should be building so much stuf you run out.