PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2008, 01:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900 / Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

vilord is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Extended rom?

How do I get the kitchen to run the extended rom???
Is there something that turns it off? I have my own cabs I wanna run from there, not the original AKU3.3 stuff...

Trying to get a clean 6.1 rom so I can sell the thing tonight, but I need MMS working in a CAB first...
Old 12-12-2008, 02:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: Extended rom?

Im not following you on what you mean by getting the Kitchen to 'run' the extended ROM. You can unlock the ext ROM and then run whatever files you want from inside it.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

On a hard reset I want it to automatically run customizations, the original vzw rom does it, but the ppckitchen.org build rom seems to skip it
Old 12-12-2008, 06:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Okay I finally figured it out after reading about a hundred pages of threads... ugh...

There are many options in the registry under HKLM\Comms...
If you set the AutoRunFlag to 1, it will BYPASS the autorun on every hard reset.
If you set the flag to 0 (or i imagine if you remove the key entirely) it will run the autorun in the windows folder.
It seems that it also ignores the registry keys that tell it to go to EXTROM, since newer phones don't have EXTrom... So for my purposes I just dropped the rom I needed into the "Additional Sounds" cab, modified the RGU to turn off the autorunflag, and had it run everything from the windows folder, ignoring the now useless extrom.

Hopefully someone else will find this useful someday, save them the hours of searching
Old 12-12-2008, 11:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

What is that full registry path?
Old 12-15-2008, 12:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

HKLM\Comm\AutoRunFlag

Set to 0 to launch autorun at next boot...
If you set it to 0 in the ROM, it will run at first boot.

AutoRun.exe will set it to 1 once it has completed which will prevent it from running again on the next subsequent boot.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:36 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilord View Post
On a hard reset I want it to automatically run customizations, the original vzw rom does it, but the ppckitchen.org build rom seems to skip it
Yes, because running the customizations on your ext rom is BAD. They were meant for older versions of the OS, and do not apply to custom roms.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:39 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilord View Post
Okay I finally figured it out after reading about a hundred pages of threads... ugh...

There are many options in the registry under HKLM\Comms...
If you set the AutoRunFlag to 1, it will BYPASS the autorun on every hard reset.
If you set the flag to 0 (or i imagine if you remove the key entirely) it will run the autorun in the windows folder.
It seems that it also ignores the registry keys that tell it to go to EXTROM, since newer phones don't have EXTrom... So for my purposes I just dropped the rom I needed into the "Additional Sounds" cab, modified the RGU to turn off the autorunflag, and had it run everything from the windows folder, ignoring the now useless extrom.

Hopefully someone else will find this useful someday, save them the hours of searching
No. That's not the way to do it. The way to do it is to include SDautorun (which will run against your SD card instead of extrom), or TierAutoinstall (which will look in a variety of places for things to install), or any of several other apps that do installs on boot. Building .cab files into your ROM is a total waste of ROM space - particularly on a space limited device like the apache.

You can still use extrom, btw - it's quite usefull for storing .cabs to install on boot. It does require a little extra knowledge to use, however.

Last edited by gguruusa; 12-16-2008 at 04:41 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Okay, I tried using TierAutoinstall, but it did not show anything from the extrom. I tried including SDAutorun, but of course that won't give me access to anything in the extrom either...
Putting a cab file in extrom and then calling it from config.txt in the windows folder didn't seem to work right.

So if I want to include a cab that will configure the correct MDN for ArcSoft, what do you suggest?

I'm selling the phone, and asking a new buyer to go into the registry and adjust their MDN tag every time they hard reset if they want to be able to send picture messages, is not a solution, in my mind...

**EDIT** I'm not including an SD card in the sale, so the only options are ExtRom or ROM...
Old 12-16-2008, 05:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
Yes, because running the customizations on your ext rom is BAD. They were meant for older versions of the OS, and do not apply to custom roms.
I'm not planning to run the original customizations, I just want voicemail, internet connection username/pwd, and arcsoft MDN to be properly set based on the phone asking itself what its number is.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development