PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2008, 04:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TouchPro on VZW
Carrier: Verizon

bmb2n is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to changing ROM version and ROM date?

Does anyone know how to change the ROM version and ROM date using the kitchen or the nk.nbf? I tried the oemversion xml file but it did not have any effect. The ROM version is viewabe during soft reset or under Device Information.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:49 AM
pvs
Lurker
Pocket PC: AT&T Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

pvs is a n00b
Re: How to changing ROM version and ROM date?

I'd love to know this as well. been looking all over the web these past few days, but every time I see the question posted, it always lacks answers

Can somebody please chime in here and provide some insight?

Thanks so much,
-pvs
CE OS 5.2.1622 (Build 18128.0.4.4)
ROM version: 3.62.502.3 (shipped from AT&T)
ROM date: 10/11/07
Radio version: 1.54.07.00
Protocol version: 36.86u.7020.23H
Old 06-04-2008, 09:36 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmb2n View Post
Does anyone know how to change the ROM version and ROM date using the kitchen or the nk.nbf? I tried the oemversion xml file but it did not have any effect. The ROM version is viewabe during soft reset or under Device Information.
There are serveral different version numbers... One is in the .nbh header (what you see in RUU), another is in the XIP (what you see on reset and 1st number in about), another is in (some module in SYS) (2nd number in about).
Old 06-04-2008, 12:09 PM
pvs
Lurker
Pocket PC: AT&T Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

pvs is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
There are serveral different version numbers... One is in the .nbh header (what you see in RUU), another is in the XIP (what you see on reset and 1st number in about), another is in (some module in SYS) (2nd number in about).
Thanks a lot, gguruusa ... I'll keep on looking. I can easily change the Version, but getting at the DATE is another story. Good thing there are other things keeping me busy with cooking ... if everything was as evasive as the ROM Date, I think I'd find a different hobby

-pvs
Old 12-15-2008, 09:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvs View Post
Thanks a lot, gguruusa ... I'll keep on looking. I can easily change the Version, but getting at the DATE is another story. Good thing there are other things keeping me busy with cooking ... if everything was as evasive as the ROM Date, I think I'd find a different hobby

-pvs
changing the date on the device info screen.

1. Go to HKLM\Software\OEM
2. Create new 'String' value named "ROMDate" (please dont put the quotes)
3. In date field type the date that u want like 12/15/2008
4. save and soft reset.

If I've helped you please remember to
click "THANKS" or click the button. Thanks!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:19 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
changing the date on the device info screen.

1. Go to HKLM\Software\OEM
2. Create new 'String' value named "ROMDate" (please dont put the quotes)
3. In date field type the date that u want like 12/15/2008
4. save and soft reset.
Never crossed my mind to set that as part of the build until just now. I'll make it part of the next release.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development