PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2007, 11:40 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WM6 Phone Mode of Operation Issues

The main WM6 Bug/Patches thread is getting really crowded....so posting in main forum.

Has anyone else seen issues with trying to change the phone Mode of Operation?

I change it to 1x Only and it reverts right back to Hybrid.
I change it to EVDO only and it reverts right back to Hybrid as well.

I would really like to be able to set it to 1x only as I don't live in a market that has widespread EVDO coverage and it keeps switching back and forth from EV - 1X - EV. Its a drain on the battery (the switching and always looking for EV connection).

Thanks.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 09-23-2007, 05:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV-6700

jsavin is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jsavin Send a message via MSN to jsavin Send a message via Yahoo to jsavin Send a message via Skype™ to jsavin
I'm seeing the same problem here, but slightly differently. I've got two 6700's running the Helmi WM6 ROM, and one has the same problem you describe. The other was set to 1x mode when I loaded the ROM, and now can't be switched back to hybrid. It looks like it's the switching that's not working, and not the modes themselves...

I suppose if you have the time and don't mind hard-resetting a couple of times, you could revert to the stock ROMs, switch to 1x mode, and then install WM6. Assuming I'm correct about how I got into this state, that should work. Of course it leaves you in 1x mode, without the ability to change it...
Old 09-23-2007, 05:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV-6700

jsavin is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jsavin Send a message via MSN to jsavin Send a message via Yahoo to jsavin Send a message via Skype™ to jsavin
Oh- and one more thing. Both of my devices are running the 1.41 radio, not the 1.10. Not sure if that makes a difference or not. The one stuck in hybrid mode was updated to the 1.41 radio *before* updating to WM6, and the other one that's stuck in 1x mode had its radio updated afterwards. I'm guessing though that neither of these makes the least bit of difference.

Anyone know how the mode switch is actually implemented? Perhaps a non-MS, non-HTC app can help us switch modes as a workaround...
Old 09-23-2007, 11:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700

bcromwell is a n00b
Had similar problems with 1.41, went back to 1.10 radio and everything works fine..
Old 09-24-2007, 01:26 AM
Newsy Writer
Pocket PC: Droid Charge
Carrier: verizon wired less

hoodracer is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to hoodracer Send a message via Skype™ to hoodracer
does ev mode drain your battery that much??
Old 09-24-2007, 01:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodracer View Post
does ev mode drain your battery that much??
EV Mode. No. But the constant switching and searching for EV connection did. My work office is in lower level of 3 story building. And my area just got updated with EVDO coverage. With my phone setting on my desk, it will connect to EV but as soon as I pick it up or move it around it will switch to 1x. That constant switching was draining my battery. So forced to 1x mode which is what it is on now.

THis is how I have mine in 1X only mode:
flashed back to stock VZW Rom with 1.10 radio
changed the settings for mode of operation to 1x Only.
flashed to wm6.
Now when I go into mode of operation, it says hybrid but I never get a EV icon on the phone. Always 1x. Which I am okay with that for now.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:51 PM
Lurker

phylo is a n00b
so how do I switch to 1x mode in wm6? I have been looking but have not managed to figure it out??

thanks
Phil

EDIT: Never mind I figured it out...
Old 09-24-2007, 04:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Did it really switch you to only 1x Only mode?

When I tried it last, it took the setting on the Mode of Operation in the PHone settings but as soon as I went back to that screen, it was back on Hybrid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phylo View Post
so how do I switch to 1x mode in wm6? I have been looking but have not managed to figure it out??

thanks
Phil

EDIT: Never mind I figured it out...
Old 10-20-2007, 09:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800
Carrier: Alltel

hyzdufan is a n00b
I've noticed too,that since upgrading to WM6 that I cannot change the mode of operation on my phone. It is set to Hybrid, but if I try to switch to EVDO only, or 1X only, it ignores my selection and goes back to Hybrid.

I didn't have that problem in 3.5. It'd be helpful to get this fixed, because I live on a 1X/EVDO fringe area, and I often need to force EVDO to keep my data speeds up to par.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

zachspda is just getting started
I have had the same problem. I have found when I have this issue if I clean out my internet cache it then works although sometimes I still need to soft reset. I have not seen this issue since up grading to 1.43

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development