PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 12:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6.1 Build 20924 kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
You might try without the services patch installed, and or also swapping shell32 from helmi. Anyone else seeing this?
I wasnt using the services patch. havent since 20755 came out. I might consider pulling 20755's shell32.exe file though.

the problem becomes very apparent after going online with IE or weather download, or anything that uses data. phone becomes useless in short order after that.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Any idea what changed since the last build? Just curious to see how urgently I should upgrade my phone. If nothing major changed, then I may wait.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
Any idea what changed since the last build? Just curious to see how urgently I should upgrade my phone. If nothing major changed, then I may wait.
You might want to wait. It isn't pretty. I am testing a shell32 replacement now. I wish I knew what this build was supposed to do... but it probably falls into the category of "only Microsoft knows."
Old 11-12-2008, 02:20 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

the shell32 injection made it hang at the Windows Mobile splash screen. I am rolling back to 20755. I will keep my eye posted for the next build... if i haven't bought the Touch Pro by then.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

a rollback was just what the doctor ordered. 20755 is solid. avoid the pain on the new one... or be part of the solution.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sykosoft is a n00b

A problem I've been experiencing since 20755 (minor), is this:

Previous kitchens did not play an sms notification sound if I was in the sms chat thread (as in, a conversation thread between me and a friend). If the conversation was actively displayed on my screen, no sound would play for new SMS's (unless they were from someone else). I want this behavior back, anyone know how to get it back?

Michael
Old 11-12-2008, 04:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700

danteofernin is a n00b

http://drop.io/apache_wm6

you can download the files here quick and easy to upgrade your apache 6700 to wm6
Old 11-12-2008, 05:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by danteofernin View Post
http://drop.io/apache_wm6

you can download the files here quick and easy to upgrade your apache 6700 to wm6
that does not appear to be a mirror of most recent build. i dont even know if it is a valid older one. your post is off topic and does not belong in this thread.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:04 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by edufur View Post
I wasnt using the services patch. havent since 20755 came out. I might consider pulling 20755's shell32.exe file though.

the problem becomes very apparent after going online with IE or weather download, or anything that uses data. phone becomes useless in short order after that.
The wifi and services patches are applied automatically since 20755. You'll see them being applied if you look at your build log.

Last edited by gguruusa; 11-12-2008 at 10:06 AM.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:18 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Flashed last night and am finishing reinstalling this morning.
I'm amazed at how fast this thing is.
So far it's perfect.
PhoneWeaver is even running fine- it kept freezing when using the new 1.3 release- from the Today Plugin.
I'll keep playing today.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development