PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 04:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

gambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Help....My 6700 can't connect activesync

Other things. Don't use a USB hub, use a main USB port. If it has been a while since last hard reset, that may help. If you are on VZW, did you ever install the AS fix cab, e.g. have you ever done anything since AKU 2.x? Maybe a bad cable?
Old 11-12-2008, 12:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ut 6700 , palm pre
Carrier: sprint

Gadg3t is a n00b

i am not using a usb hub, i just did the hard reset, i am using sprint so i never did the AS fix cab, I am not using aku2.0 i was about to upgrade the boot rom to 2.0 which is what i am thinking your saying, but i had not done it yet. the cable works fine cuz i also use if on my portable hard drive.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

And have you tried it on a different PC?
Old 11-12-2008, 08:29 AM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

I had this same problem with my 6700 where the PC stated "Unknown USB Device". I couldn't get it to recognize my ppc for the life of me. I tried everything, different computers, different pc OS's, usb hubs, direct ports, different cables, uninstalled/reinstalled all software, drivers, hard reset. It just wouldn't work. Something had to have happened with the hardware inside the 6700. I'd say your best bet Tomqerz is to have it insurance replace it. Sorry man. If you do get it working please let me know cuz I still have my 6700 as a testing device.
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

gambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadg3t View Post
i am not using a usb hub, i just did the hard reset, i am using sprint so i never did the AS fix cab, I am not using aku2.0 i was about to upgrade the boot rom to 2.0 which is what i am thinking your saying, but i had not done it yet. the cable works fine cuz i also use if on my portable hard drive.
OK, well, when you spoke of trying to upgrade WM5, I wasn't aware that Sprint offered any. Cable still might be a problem even if using it for a different device. Never know. And I hope you are using the one for the 6700 and not for the drive. I've seen that reported b4. But when you go into device manager, is the PPC driver properly installed? Check when you have the 6700 attached. You can try some of the troubleshooting here, e.g. repair Vista and look at the install log, etc:
http://forums.microsoft.com/windowsm...9428&SiteID=65
As Weed said, figuring out if it is your Vista setup is very helpful in isolating the problem. So I am taking it that you have never been able to explore the 6700 from the PC, let alone use WMDC? It really should work without a hitch.

Last edited by gambatte; 11-12-2008 at 01:52 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development