PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2008, 06:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

rsfeller is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
for the love of god will someone please help me get arcsoft working on helmi_c!!!

xv6700 Apache with latest Helmi_c build.

Arcsoft will not work on this OS and I have tried about 6 different 4.x and 5.x version with the registry setting tweaked from my earlier working version of 5.0.70.24. I thought I was about an expert now on server config and registry settings.

The MMS leaves the phone with no error message. It gets dumped into the deleted folder after a minute. Some times it acts like it sent (and thus in sent folder) with a copy still in deleted! nothing ever comes back from the test.

What the frick...how are all you guys getting this to work with verizon? I had it working on an OEM wm6.1 kitchen but had other issues, so now I am trying Helmi_c

somebody for the love god shine some light. I am sick of reading 1001 posts on this topic with 56 version of Arcsoft rolling around...

Cheers!
Old 10-02-2008, 07:28 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Re: for the love of god will someone please help me get arcsoft working on helmi_c!!!

This is what I have always used. On all my ROMS. Verizon MMS

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rsfeller is a n00b
Re: for the love of god will someone please help me get arcsoft working on helmi_c!!!

Two questions before I try yet another version...

1. Are you running a Helmi or OEM Apache
2. Any idea which version of Arcsoft this is?
3. Any unique configs you know of beyound the server settings and phone number config in the reg file that has been documented 101 times?

Thanks.
Shawn

EDIT: Looks like an old 3.x version, but these days I'll take anything that will work, but it didn't. This version does not allow the sever settings to be seen, let along edited. Things do look right in the registry with server settings and I added the X-VzW-MDN key with my phone number. MMS goes out and is in sent box and I get a good notice that it went out...but nothing comes in!?!?

Last edited by rsfeller; 10-02-2008 at 09:15 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Isn't there an option within the MMS config that is something like reject all incoming messages, or delete incoming messages? Maybe that's your problem, an option is selected that shouldn't be.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rsfeller is a n00b

nutz,
What version of Arcsoft are you running, I am curious?

I will look into your statement, but seems to me if I install 5.0.70.24 on the OEM Apache and it works and save the registry settings...that when I install it on the Helmi_c and import those same settings...it should not have any different config, correct?

There are obvious different micro-version of the Office Outlook in the two builds. I can tell from the subtle differences in the account setup process. I beleive that the integration with office outlook may very well be the concern with different version, just a theory...
Old 10-03-2008, 12:35 AM
My ROMS On My Site

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

I am running Helmi's WM6 and on another WM6.1 and it works. You need to edit the registry to make the settings editable.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rsfeller is a n00b

Yes, I did get this older version to work on Helmi's by editing the registry, but I was hoping for the better functionality of the 5.x series too!

There are obviously some registry settings that are key (no pun intended) that are not well documented. I did all the common ones in server setup and the phone reg setting, but it took the registery of a working newer copy to get this older 3.x to work.

I wish some on here detailed step by step with their exact version and which OS. Obviously there are two many version of Arcsoft MMS running around other there...and I would assume several different versions of each OS build...

One question I do have for you. On your OEM WM6.1 do you use IMAP? I cannot figure out why my accounts cannot be edited after about 24 hours, this is the reason I am now trying Helmi...

NOTE: I reference this post for my settings...: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...zon+mms+config

Last edited by rsfeller; 10-03-2008 at 12:50 AM.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:08 AM
My ROMS On My Site

I was using IMAP and a pop account for a long time. I was able to always edit it, but you can't edit the name of it. I now use mobipush for exchange mail. It sync's my Gmail over ActiveSync.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rsfeller is a n00b

I canned my exchange server last year after the 3rd crash in 5 years! Now I am bummed I don't have it.

Are you stating the account name or your user name was un editable? I believe the account name and/or type (IMAP/POP) are uneditable while the former depends on which version of Pocket Outlook it has.

I am really hurting right now due to the lock up issue and my IMAP needs. Today I am running the OEM WM6.1 (5.x SMS) and set up both accounts as POP3, to see if I lose their editability today.

I honestly think there is a bug in the OEM WM6.1 (i'm sure most will disagree) as I clean installed (no crap added) last night and woke in the middle of the night find the PPC clock "stuck" two hours behind. This happened twice before when I thought the POINTUI shell I was running was to blame. This time nothing running by two POP3 accounts and Arcsoft. The PPC was not locked, the time is simply off a couple hours (no it's not time zone or DLST stuff)...and requires a reboot to fix.

Lots of headaches with these upgrades!
Old 10-03-2008, 11:42 AM
My ROMS On My Site

Well, they're not for everyone. I personally don't have issues with these. Well, the WMP Libary won't sync with a storage card. But everything else works great. I had the worst issues with WM5. Lockups, bad battery life, less features, no HTML e-mail, no push mail over WiFi, list can go on.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development