PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2008, 12:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: for the love of god will someone please help me get arcsoft working on helmi_c!!!

I'm using 4.2.8.1 of Arcsoft. It was posted here somewhere a while ago and I turned the cab file that was posted into an OEM and it has worked for me fine in all builds that I've done, though I think some others had some issues with it. I've used it in all kitchen builds I've done for a while now, including WM6 and several WM6.1 builds.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rsfeller is a n00b
Re: for the love of god will someone please help me get arcsoft working on helmi_c!!!

I'm very happy with WM6.1 and Arsoft MMS 5.0.70.24...I don't want to go back...but I have to get this outlook issue worked out, and just cannot believe I am the only one ranting all over these great boards about this issue with the more recent builds!

If you see another person in your travels with this issue, keep my thread in mind...I'd like to meet another who cannot edit existing email accounts nor create new ones after the 2nd day!
Old 10-03-2008, 02:05 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

You can't create new ones? Also just out of curiosity, why do you need to keep edting them?

What OEM's are you using in the kitchen? That would help. As some OEM's are NOT compatable with each other. Peace.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rsfeller is a n00b

Good questions.

Since I went from wm5 to wm6.1 there is gained functionality in Outlook Mobile, and I have been playing with the fact do I want just headers downloaded or entire emails. When I changed my mind the next day I could not edit those choices!!

For bout 6-10 hours I can edit IMAP accounts I created but then all bets are off once something "changes". Another side affect is I cannot create a new account. I learned the hard way by deleting (it allows that) and trying to recreate it...which it would not permit me to do. So it was ROM flash time again to fix this!

Now it just bugs me even knowing I got things setup. I do notice additional errors and connections not being made in the middle of the night that were no issue with wm5. I wake in the morning to get my emails and nothing new is there. Sometimes I can do a manual and get them, and some times not...usually a reboot is in order...so as you can see things are not well.

I have flashed over 12 times trying to sort this out going between Helmi_C and OEM Apache...each have their issues and I am not even taxing my system...just the basics.

I tested the system with no OEM add-ons installed on the ROM other then the HTC Phone, Voice COmmand (latest build) and 10 button (Apache) along with an SD card option for over 2mb. The top one, not sure of the difference between that one and the other.

So that is where I am at. Is there a known list of compatibility issues? I am going to run aother clean install until it fails with POP3, but really don't want that solution either on an OEM Apache wm6.1 OS till it fails. If it goes more then a day I'll add back in the following.

SPB Desktop
S2SU
S2P
S2V
HTC Diamond Phone Dialer
SMS Chat

Any know issues with those and WM6.1 you know of?

EDIT: Just had it bug out again after writing this...cannot edit or create mail accounts (f*%k!!) My only thought now is to remove ArcSoft MMS (any version) and keep it off for the day...

Last edited by rsfeller; 10-03-2008 at 02:18 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:17 PM
My ROMS On My Site

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Wow, I don't know. Try running just a clean ROM with nothing in it. If it works then one of those OEM's is bad. Really though. I would leave out all S2.. apps. Because those are old and he always releases new versions. Use cabs. Hope this helps.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rsfeller is a n00b

I was obviously unclear. I run a clean ROM with on the Apache Camera, 10 button and voice command as the only software on the ROM. Everything else I listed is a CAB. So I am running a clean ROM with software that must be loaded on an Apache for the buttons to work, other then that...I'm still scratching my head.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:34 PM
My ROMS On My Site

Oh okay, sorry I misuderstood. I don't know what the deal could be as I don't have these issues. What service are you using?
Old 10-03-2008, 06:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rsfeller is a n00b

I get writing fast and seldom understand my own posts when I re-read them

I have Vzx.

Right now my hunch points to the Arcsoft MMS software. I seem to be one of the few running the 5.0.70.24 and it has always been installed when I've had issues. I re-Rom'd this afternoon and think I am about 6 hours into troublefree since I have no MMS software installed. If all goes well I'll try the old school version that was recommened, but I'll wait till tomorrow to see if the other shoe drops.

My only other thought was I put my email setups in the OEM'izer option so I don't have to keep setting them up. Hopefully this factor will throw off my troubleshooting process...stay tuned!
Old 10-03-2008, 06:45 PM
My ROMS On My Site

I'll stay tuned for a few days. I just got my Moungel! Be here Monday!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development