PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2008, 11:41 AM
SW
Lurker
Pocket PC: Apache
Carrier: Bell

SW is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Warning Memory Low: Memory filled with garbage files

I'm having a problem with my PPC 6700. I can use it for about 2 weeks until I get a warning that memory is low. Using Total Commander to look in what I would call the "\root directory", there are new files with garbage symbols in the titles. I am unable to delete them. The only recourse is a hard reset.

Additionally, sometimes pushing only the power button does a soft reset.

I've tried using Helmi's AKU 3.5, Helmi's 6.1, and Lenny's 6.1 -- with various combinations of programmes. This problem eventually occurs, and does not seem to be linked to any combination of programs -- at least that I can discern.

I'm wondering if there is a problem with corrupted memory. If this were a PC, I'd do a scandisk and mark certain hard drive sectors "bad". Is there a way to do this on the Apache?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
Steve
Edit/Delete Message
Old 09-17-2008, 11:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop
Re: Warning Memory Low: Memory filled with garbage files

If you're on the internet a lot, you will accumulate a lot of junk files (temp files, cache files, etc). This will also slow your device way down. A clean up utility, such as SK Tools or MemMaid,may help

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Yeah I was going to say MemMaid, I use it and love it. It also lets you do cleanups on bootup and delete trash completely and not store in the the trash bin.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:05 PM
SW
Lurker
Pocket PC: Apache
Carrier: Bell
Threadstarter

SW is a n00b

Thanks, Geekcop and Weedahoe. I thought I had subscribed to email notification, but must not have done so correctly. Good thing I checked manually today!

I'll try memmaid (I've often used SKTools and will rerun its program again, too). It sounds, however, like these programs will remove (legitimate) garbage files, accumulated over time.

I suspect that my problem is with the ppc's memory having defective sectors, which when accessed give rise to problems which mean I need to do a hard reboot.

Any suggestions regarding possible defective sectors of memory?

Steve

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development