PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WM6.1 ActiveSync Error: 86000107

I had to do a hard-reset at home over the weekend and I had my contacts, calendar events and speed dials on backup using PIMBackup v2.5.

I let the rom flash and then restored by contacts, calendar events and speed dials.

I got to work today and now I can not sync with my computer anylonger. The device name has not changed and its setup the same as it was when I left, only that my contacts, calendar events came from a backup file instead of sync from my computer.

Anyone know how to resolve this?
Is there a way to wipe out all contacts, calendar events on the PPC via the PPC? (have tried to clear them off with ActiveSync and it will not do it).

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 03-24-2008, 10:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: reliance

sunny1974 is a n00b
Re: WM6.1 ActiveSync Error: 86000107

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
I had to do a hard-reset at home over the weekend and I had my contacts, calendar events and speed dials on backup using PIMBackup v2.5.

I let the rom flash and then restored by contacts, calendar events and speed dials.

I got to work today and now I can not sync with my computer anylonger. The device name has not changed and its setup the same as it was when I left, only that my contacts, calendar events came from a backup file instead of sync from my computer.

Anyone know how to resolve this?
Is there a way to wipe out all contacts, calendar events on the PPC via the PPC? (have tried to clear them off with ActiveSync and it will not do it).
its a problem with the 6.1 rom. i cooked 3 roms and cudnt get that error to go.. had to revert back to wm6 to get my syncing back.
when i synced with the microsoft mail2web server. it erased everything on the server instead of filling my phone with the contacts and appointments.
tried everything on my 2 computers but that error wont go away.. and other people have also seen this error on here. its sumtthing yo do with the rom.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:20 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Well, I can't believe its something with the ROM.
I had WM6.1 working just fine for 2 weeks and was sync'ing both with work PC and Exchange server (I sync my contacts and calendar with PC and my email with a different Exchange server; my own email server).
The issue only came around when I had to hard-rest my phone and I did a PIM Backup / Restore of Contacts and Calendar over the weekend (phone froze on the weekend and I did not have access to the contacts and calendar events; so I restored my calendar and contacts from a PIM Backup v2.5). This got me my contacts and calendar and I was good to go over the weekend.

When I tried to sync with my computer on Monday, it thru up that activesync error. I have some new items to include in my next flash so will try that in the next day or so.

I have tried unchecking each item to sync and that did not fix anything.
I tried deleting the partnership and creating a new one. That did nothing.

Will post if my re-flash works. Will probably uninstall ActiveSyn on pc as well just to be safe.

Last edited by PPCFreak; 03-25-2008 at 09:24 AM.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:28 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I bet it is just conflicting since you did the restore with PIM backup instead of active sync. If I run PIM backup the active sync later it gives me problems and sometime duplicates all my calender and contacts. That is a real pain because you have to go in and manually delete all the duplicates.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 03-25-2008, 11:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: reliance

sunny1974 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga. Medic View Post
I bet it is just conflicting since you did the restore with PIM backup instead of active sync. If I run PIM backup the active sync later it gives me problems and sometime duplicates all my calender and contacts. That is a real pain because you have to go in and manually delete all the duplicates.
i dont think it has anything to do with pim.. i had this issue even without restoring with pim.. i always uncheck the calender and contacts for restore in the pim.. just use it for calls and text messages. and i had also tried this uninstalling and reinstalling activesync and all. but it didnt work.. it usually just works the 1st time but later on it doesnt.. and the most bizzare thing was it uploaded everything once from the exchange server duplicated after active syncing. this never happened with the earlier wm6 roms. coz if u sync with 2 phones and server they all usually never take duplicates ...pim yes but microsoft server and xp ..no.
the other 2 times on syncing a blank phone from my server it deleted everything from the server and i was really surprised even though the tick was on - on conflict replace items on my mobile device. that did it for me to go back to wm6. and its working perfect now..
so im very sure it is a wm6.1 issue.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700

bbthumper is a n00b

....... found alot of people on the web, try google, with the same problem. Found for my phone after a flash and hard reset that if I sync it with one computer Active Sync/Windows Mobile works fine but only with 1 computer. If I do a pim restore after a flash then it will not sync with any computers. Try sync with Outlook instead of using a pim restore. Hope this helps......
Old 03-26-2008, 01:14 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Telecom NZ

blakamin is a n00b

Mine is the same
Old 03-26-2008, 07:51 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

bzxzlg is a n00b

I let my Exchange server be the holder of my contacts and calendar ... I only utilise PIM to backup/restore phone specific items ... Never had an AS issue ...

As an after thought, I've added this item ... I sseem to recall having an AS issue once upon a time that I tracked down to a sync relationship to WMP [on my laptop]. If I had done a reload on my PPC and had WMP runnning when connecting the PPC to the USB, sometimes, AS would "get confused" and pop a message up that said something like "can't complete sync. try reconnecing your device. If it persists, utilise the AS troubeshooter" ... For me, the fix eas qusi-painfull ... On the device, I had to delete the PC relationship. On the PC I had to remove the sync relation in WMP AND reinstall AS. [At least I think that's what I had to do - don't have my notes on that any longer] ...

Hope this is of use.

Last edited by bzxzlg; 03-26-2008 at 09:40 AM.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

peacock93 is keeping up the good workpeacock93 is keeping up the good work

I'm having the same problem with syncing. If I delete all of my contacts and then sync everything is ok. If I make any changes via my 6700 or outlook the sync does not work and my phone and computer do not match. I like 6.1 to much to go back to 6.0 so I just make my contact changes on my computer, delete all of my contacts on my 6700 and then sync with my computer. At that point everything matches.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

I re-flashed with a newer version of the BuildOS with some different items checked (did not have .net checked and did not have the items for m.youtube streaming).

After a re-flash, I am able to sync once again.

My AS is kind of unique: I sync via PC my Outlook Exchange (work Exchange) contacts and Calendar and sync my email to my personal Exchange server (work Exchange v2000 and Personal exchange v2003 are two different servers and two different domains and two different versions of Exchange).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development