PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2008, 09:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

yamus08 is keeping up the good workyamus08 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can I get some help without getting blasted?

Yep...I am a senior member. I have done several things with both my Titan and my Vogue. However, I have been away from the forum for a while. Believe it or not, I asked if it would be worth while to get an Apache. I got some good responses about the video capabilities on the 6700. I just received a perfectly good Apache today for FREE and I am wondering how to get it to its extreme potential. I have read through the stickies but many of them are from 2006. What do I need to do? It is a free phone and I love to have any free PPC I can get. If someone could get me some straight forward direction without flaming me I would be forever grateful.
T.I.A
Yamus

Old 09-22-2008, 10:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Can I get some help without getting blasted?

Alright, I tried to run the ppcgkitchen updater. I am having no luck. Never had a problem in the past but now I am getting error, cannot connect to server??????? Uhhhh.....anyone....help? Thanks in advance ppcgeeks
Old 09-23-2008, 07:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamus08 View Post
Alright, I tried to run the ppcgkitchen updater. I am having no luck. Never had a problem in the past but now I am getting error, cannot connect to server??????? Uhhhh.....anyone....help? Thanks in advance ppcgeeks
Have you tried going to thier website and doing a manual DL? They are reconstructing the site and so a lot of things on thier side arent working right now.

http://ppckitchen.org/

As for the OP? I dont really see a good question that you are asking other than how to get it to its full potential. But that Q is kinda vague to say the least. That only leaves to more Qs and invites you to get 'blasted' as you put it.........lol

I have mine overclocked from 416 to 624 with no issues. I used Pocket Hack Master for that BTW.

I DID NOT use WM6 on my 67 because there was no difference in it and WM5 except for the GPS capabilites. Everything else could be accomplished by using different themes or skins.

Some ppl argue WM6 was better bc it was faster and stable and did threaded SMS. No, my WM5 was extremely fast and never locked up or BSoD'ed and I have the Palm Threaded App.

As for video goes, I used my to play vids and movies and never had an issue. I used Pocket Player for a while and moved over to Core Player.

What carrier is this device for BTW?
Old 09-23-2008, 10:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
As for the OP? I dont really see a good question that you are asking other than how to get it to its full potential. But that Q is kinda vague to say the least. That only leaves to more Qs and invites you to get 'blasted' as you put it.........lol
Lol...guess I had that one coming. You can tell I have been out of the forum for a long time. You actually gave me quite a bit of useful info and I definitely appreciate that.

I guess what I was asking is...do I need an unlocker? what radio version should I be using? what ROM version should I be using. I understand that new phones are coming out and the Apache is becoming or has become a thing of the past but it was free and I couldn't turn that down.

BTW, here is a link to the original convo about the video capabilities on the Apache, which you happened to be a part of. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=32268 Just a little refresher if you care to look. Oh yeah, and it is for Sprint but I have my 6900 activated right now.

Later,
Yamus

Last edited by yamus08; 09-23-2008 at 10:36 AM.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

TonyDiv is just getting started

The other answer to your question is that most of the nuts and bolts tweaks for the 6700 were figured out in 2006. Glymph chache changes and the other things like disabling activesync autostart were early fixes that still work now. Adding 6.1 to mine was neat, but didn't rock my world.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDiv View Post
The other answer to your question is that most of the nuts and bolts tweaks for the 6700 were figured out in 2006. Glymph chache changes and the other things like disabling activesync autostart were early fixes that still work now. Adding 6.1 to mine was neat, but didn't rock my world.
Yeah...that's what I am starting to figure out. I think I am going to go through the sticky that Wideawake made and then I am going to use it for a guinea pig. Who knows, I might just sell it. I already have it, a 6800, and a 6900, and I am working on getting a Diamond.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

There is no unlocker needed. The latest radio version for the 67 is 1.43. ROM choice is basically your choice. As for tweaks, hack and tricks, try the link below

The most COMPLETE compilation of hacks and tweaks
Old 09-23-2008, 04:15 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

That thread WAH made is VERY imformative. Read ALL of it. Personally I like WM6.1, like I always say it's personal choice. I like the stock threaded SMS the direct push over Wifi and for me better batterey life and a faster machine. Also I use an app called AC IM Selector to make PCMKeyboard my default. Well on WM5 it wouldn't work. It does on WM6/6.1. That might be kinda a stupid reason but good enough for me. I'm sure some of it can be done on WM5. Find what YOU like and works best for you. As you may know, Windows Mobile is all about tweaks and hacks to a better device!

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
There is no unlocker needed. The latest radio version for the 67 is 1.43. ROM choice is basically your choice. As for tweaks, hack and tricks, try the link below

The most COMPLETE compilation of hacks and tweaks
I am definitely going to try all of the hacks and tweaks because I love hacks, tweaks, and everything else that makes a ppc the best it can be.

So far I have updated to MM6 using this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7671 Big ups to Helmi. I am not sure I care to update to 6.1 on this phone. I actually already have the PPC sold to a co-worker for which I am getting $100. (going toward the cost of my diamond) Anywho, I wanted to get the phone at least a little boost because it is going to a co-worker. I think he will be completely happy.

Thanks all,
Yamus
Old 09-23-2008, 09:27 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

If you're gonna use that ROM look for thread called...Nevermind I'll get it for you install this cab file on device. This will fix the WiFi WPA-PSK issue that occured with early WM6 builds.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development