PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2008, 02:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6700
Carrier: Verizon

TheCPUGuy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint to Verizon

Hello and im glad to have found you all.

Well lets get to the point i have a PPC-6700 from Sprint and want to port it over to my verizon account. first off is this possible? i have read a million things on this it is split 50 50 on it can be done and it cant be done. So what is the real skinny on this topic?

Thanks for all of your help in advance.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:49 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Re: Sprint to Verizon

In short answer yes. Here's what you do:

1. Flash the phone to a Verizon ROM, the best rom to use when activating would be this one http://handsets.utstar.com/downloads...0_WWE_Ship.exe

To flash you can either use this or take it to Verizon and they'll do it

2. Have Verizon add the ESN to their Database, and activate it.

Super easy to do, also if you're going to flash yourself do it like this:

Put the phone in what we call bootloader mode by doing Power Button+ Record button on left side+Stylus in reset hole, don't be alrmed the screen will go out.

Plug it in to the computer and then run the program.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:55 AM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie View Post
In short answer yes. Here's what you do:

1. Flash the phone to a Verizon ROM, the best rom to use when activating would be this one http://handsets.utstar.com/downloads...0_WWE_Ship.exe

To flash you can either use this or take it to Verizon and they'll do it

2. Have Verizon add the ESN to their Database, and activate it.

Super easy to do, also if you're going to flash yourself do it like this:

Put the phone in what we call bootloader mode by doing Power Button+ Record button on left side+Stylus in reset hole, don't be alrmed the screen will go out.

Plug it in to the computer and then run the program.
Just following his method will not have active data. Follow my thread here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20090
Old 09-24-2008, 02:12 PM
My ROMS On My Site

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Wow, I forgot, I did leave all that other stuff out. Typed that right before leaving. Yes you will need to follow that in order to make data work properly.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon 6850 TP,Verizon XV6700,Helmi_c WM6.1 19716 , Radio 1.43.00,6G sdhc

julius brtown is a n00b

When the Touch pro comes out on sprint could i do the same? port to Verizon? I have a lot of contacts at Verizons network. but I guess I would have to wait untill Verizon gets a Rom to flash first. Correct?
Old 09-26-2008, 01:46 AM
My ROMS On My Site

I've been thinking about the same thing...I'm sure someone will release a Verizon ROM with all the other good stuff.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:25 PM
BlackBerry Hater

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by julius brtown View Post
When the Touch pro comes out on sprint could i do the same? port to Verizon? I have a lot of contacts at Verizons network. but I guess I would have to wait untill Verizon gets a Rom to flash first. Correct?
Yes and no. It would need to be loaded as an "altell 6900" as they would not load another carriers diamond if its has not exited verizon testing and is currently unreleased. You could just use an existing diamond kitchen and add the verizon carrier files to it from say a 6900 kitchen and it should work with a little trial and error modification. I'm planning on doing this soon pre-vzw release of the xv6950 ie. the diamond.

Last edited by Getitnowmarketing; 09-27-2008 at 06:27 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

great! I was wondering about that. 175 activation is ridiculous. It will be on ebay (the raphael price) almost 500 bucks and then vzw has an insane activation price? nah I'll try this method a little bit better
but to my understanding, it would be best for an altell rom instead?
Old 10-01-2008, 11:15 PM
BlackBerry Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
great! I was wondering about that. 175 activation is ridiculous. It will be on ebay (the raphael price) almost 500 bucks and then vzw has an insane activation price? nah I'll try this method a little bit better
but to my understanding, it would be best for an altell rom instead?
Activation of $175? Do you mean ETF ie. Early Termination Fee? Actually VZW's is about the best in the industry as its prorates down $5 per month from $175 compared to a flat fee of the same amount whether you cancel 2 months in or with 2 weeks left under contract.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development