PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2008, 10:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache
Carrier: Sprint

kevdawg is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to kevdawg Send a message via MSN to kevdawg Send a message via Yahoo to kevdawg Send a message via Skype™ to kevdawg
Is my phone Bricked?

So, my phone has been giving me problems lately so I thought I'd take it to sprint to have it looked at. Today I tried to re-flash my phone back to the stock rom. Apparently my phone didn't like it too much. The flashing software attempted to re-flash but it didn't work.

The device rebooted and would get stuck in the screen just before the WM boot screen and would not go past it.

I have since tried to reflash twice using the latest BuildOS. No luck. Same issue. My phone is stuck at the screen just before WM boot screen showing me the radio number.

Am i bricked?
Old 09-20-2008, 03:37 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Re: Is my phone Bricked?

No if it was bricked it would be nothing. Try hard resetting a few times, then reflash.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

kevdawg is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to kevdawg Send a message via MSN to kevdawg Send a message via Yahoo to kevdawg Send a message via Skype™ to kevdawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie View Post
No if it was bricked it would be nothing. Try hard resetting a few times, then reflash.
I will definitely try this. Thanks for the reply. What's strange about this issue is that I get a white screen for a while before getting the sprint screen.

See what I mean here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb_Y9mPiTO8
Old 09-20-2008, 06:08 PM
My ROMS On My Site

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Hmmm, that is strange.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

kevdawg is a n00b

Looks like i'll have to hop in the chat sometime this week and talk to someone about it. I've tried hard resetting a few more times and reflashing also. No luck. Thanks everyone
Old 09-21-2008, 08:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular

tochabu is a n00b

I hope someone can help me. I just got an XV6700 from eBay. It had ROM 2.07.20 WWE. I downloaded APA_Verizon_31430_314208_14300_WWE_Ship_2.exe from utstar.com and tried to upgrade my phone. I am using a Gateway laptop running Vista. I started Windows Mobile Device Center and connected to the phone. Then, I ran the above program. It read the ROM information from the phone and prompted me to upgrade. About 30 seconds after pressing the OK button, the phone screen went black, and then the .exe displayed an error message saying that there was a problem with the connection. At that point, I noticed that the Windows Mobile Device Center had disappeared (stopped running) on the laptop. The only choice on the error message box was exit. The phone now does nothing. Do I now have a paperweight, or is there some way to restore it? Thanks.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:08 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

its definatly not bricked just flash a new rom like the stock 3.56

Old 09-22-2008, 03:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6700

TheCPUGuy is a n00b

I have the same issue i asked in an other post about taking my phone from sprint to verizon PDAphonejunky helped me i flashed like he described and my phone did the same thing i thought mine was bricked too any help on fixing this would be awesome.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

kevdawg is a n00b

This issue resolved itself btw. But not by reflashing. I ended up having to get a new phone. The phone I had (the one that seemed bricked) was giving me other troubles anyway, so I just got it replaced.

Thanks for all the help.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:52 PM
My ROMS On My Site

Hard resetting 3-4 times then flashing with a VERY clean rom with nerly NOTHING in it (BuildOS rom) most of time can fix these issues.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development