PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Error 100 when trying to go back to OEM rom after upgrading to 6.0 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36957)

sparks.calvin 09-09-2008 11:27 PM

Error 100 when trying to go back to OEM rom after upgrading to 6.0

Hello, I am having trouble after upgrading to WM6.0. I need to go back to the stock rom and downloaded that from verizons website. However when trying to install I get a Error 100 wrong device. Can anyone please help

sparks.calvin 09-10-2008 03:20 AM

Re: Error 100 when trying to go back to OEM rom after upgrading to 6.0

Here is some more info also. When I updated to 6.0 I had to downgrade the bootloader from 2.05 to 2.02 I followed the instructions from another thread in the forum. I had to run a update called APACUpgradeUt_noID could this be part of the problem? What exactly does that update on the phone?

sparks.calvin 09-10-2008 12:29 PM

Nevermind figured it out on my own. Man I was worried for a bit though. I have to return the phone to verizon for a replacement and didnt know what I was going to tell them.

stickythumbs 09-11-2008 04:13 PM

What was the fix? I am having the exact same problem with my Verizon phone as well...

gguruusa 09-12-2008 08:52 AM

Use noid as the ruu to flash the WM5 rom.

sparks.calvin 09-12-2008 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stickythumbs (Post 411573)
What was the fix? I am having the exact same problem with my Verizon phone as well...

Ok what finally worked for me is I ran the bootloader fix instructions is this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33076 and made sure it was at 2.02. Then I downloaded the stock rom from http://handsets.utstar.com/uts_downloads.aspx and using winrar I extracted the .exe onto my desktop. Once that is extracted go to the output folder and copy the 3 files ms_.bf nk.bf and radio_.bf into the No_ID folder that you get from the fix bootloader thread. Then run APACUpgradeUT_NoID. Then it worked for me. The problem was the first time I did this it was just stuck in the bootloader. It took me two tries to get it working. Also I found and ran a UNI_exibootloader program and ran it. I think that helped but not sure.
P.S
Thanks Guru that is what finally worked just took a couple tries and needing to run UNI_Exitbootloader

stickythumbs 09-13-2008 11:31 AM

No luck for me - I've followed the instructions to the letter. I'm no newbie to the 6700, either. Using the NoID RUU from the BootloaderFix.rar gives me an "Error 150: ROM UPGRADE UTILITY ERROR THis ROM Upgrade Utility is not designed for your device" Using the NoID RUU from the Kitchen gives me the same error. Using the Standard RUU from the Kitchen gives me the "Error 100: Model ID Error", as does the NewBootloader RUU (I tried it just to see). Running "UNI_ExitBootloader.exe" gives me the "Error - Cannot open USB port". When the screen comes up showing the current version and upgrade version of the ROMs, they are blank on all 3...
Any ideas? Thanks!

sparks.calvin 09-15-2008 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stickythumbs (Post 413644)
No luck for me - I've followed the instructions to the letter. I'm no newbie to the 6700, either. Using the NoID RUU from the BootloaderFix.rar gives me an "Error 150: ROM UPGRADE UTILITY ERROR THis ROM Upgrade Utility is not designed for your device" Using the NoID RUU from the Kitchen gives me the same error. Using the Standard RUU from the Kitchen gives me the "Error 100: Model ID Error", as does the NewBootloader RUU (I tried it just to see). Running "UNI_ExitBootloader.exe" gives me the "Error - Cannot open USB port". When the screen comes up showing the current version and upgrade version of the ROMs, they are blank on all 3...
Any ideas? Thanks!

When running the UNI_ExitBootloader.exe I think you have to disable USB in activesync first.

gguruusa 09-16-2008 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stickythumbs (Post 413644)
Any ideas? Thanks!

Are you sure you put the nk.nbf file in the folder of the ruu you are trying to use?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparks.calvin (Post 416914)
When running the UNI_ExitBootloader.exe I think you have to disable USB in activesync first.

correct.

baim78 04-30-2009 07:47 AM

I got black blank screen after flashing with wm6.1 and activesync not connected my Apache 6700. Then I downgrade to WM5 AKU3 from Verizon.

I put my apache to bootloader mode, with press hold power button and note button with fingers and reset button with stylus, it show Serial on screen, plug usb cable then USB on screen. Run AKU3, Next it will upgrade to WM5.

It works for me. :mrgreen: