PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Prime Contact Issue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36239)

thebadthief 09-01-2008 12:47 PM

Prime Contact Issue

I just finished my upgrade to 6.1 Thanks to everyone that made this possible. Very cool.

One of the features i was looking forward to was using a better touch contact program. I decided on Prime Contact.

The problem is that when i click on contacts or select a contact to call by pressing via the screen or the soft call button nothing happens.

Basically my question is how do i make calls via Prime Contact. Is there a setting that I need to change, is this just a bug.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

-tbt-

Geekcop 09-01-2008 12:52 PM

Re: Prime Contact Issue

If you didn't soft reset after install, you'll need to do that. That's something that should be done whenever you install a new app. If that doesn't do it, try removing the app and reinstalling. Another good touch contact app is PocketCM. It's a contact manager and threaded SMS app rolled into one. It's also free. Might be something to look at if this one continues to be buggy

thebadthief 09-01-2008 01:32 PM

New problem. Reinstalled WM6. When i go to Hard Reset i get a white screen with a Y/N option. Nothing I click does anything. Is this a problem? If so what should I do. If not, did i successfully hard reset if i just pressed the soft reset button after the y/n screen?

thebadthief 09-01-2008 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geekcop (Post 400508)
Another good touch contact app is PocketCM. It's a contact manager and threaded SMS app rolled into one. It's also free. Might be something to look at if this one continues to be buggy

I cooked PocketCM into my latest ROM. When in my contact list is there anyway to just use the green send soft key to make a call. Right now that just goes to my last dialed call?

Geekcop 09-01-2008 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebadthief (Post 400542)
New problem. Reinstalled WM6. When i go to Hard Reset i get a white screen with a Y/N option. Nothing I click does anything. Is this a problem? If so what should I do. If not, did i successfully hard reset if i just pressed the soft reset button after the y/n screen?

Probably not. I'm not familiar with the 6700, but if it's like most PPC's a hard reset requires a combination of things. For example, I can soft reset my 700WX via a small button in the battery compartment or by using an on screen button. A hard reset will require the soft reset button in the battery compartment plus simultaneously pushing some other buttons. The reason for this so you don't accidentally hard reset your device.

PDAPhoneJunkie 09-01-2008 03:26 PM

I use iContact some. I also use SPB Pocket Plus with Smart Srolling. Works in File Explore, Messaging, Programs, Settings, INTERNET, etc.