PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   is kitchen officially NOT working with VISTA? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35099)

cocochannel 08-17-2008 01:19 PM

is kitchen officially NOT working with VISTA?

I mean vista has 180 million users now and ive been told the kitchen isnt working for it.

Ive been trying and trying to get my apache from winmo 6.0 original helmi to 6.1 thru the kitchen and still no luck.

why isnt anybody posting a pre-made 6.1 rom for people who cant use the kitchen or simply because they dont have time to.

i really need help

SBR_L3GION 08-17-2008 01:27 PM

Re: is kitchen officially NOT working with VISTA?

you just have to run the kitchen as an administrator go to your programs click open the ppckitchen folder then right click on build os then select run as administrator.

cocochannel 08-17-2008 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBR_L3GION (Post 385144)
you just have to run the kitchen as an administrator go to your programs click open the ppckitchen folder then right click on build os then select run as administrator.

well the program itself doesnt have issue to load. its more about when it comes to flashing that im getting these "104 connection errors"...

dthames 08-17-2008 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cocochannel (Post 385173)
well the program itself doesnt have issue to load. its more about when it comes to flashing that im getting these "104 connection errors"...

Just like SBR said, all you have to do is right click on the buildos icon and select run as administrator and everything should work fine.

gguruusa 08-17-2008 02:47 PM

The kitchen officially DOES work with Vista.

If you haven't set it to run as administrator, it will ask for admin permission when you run it.

If the RUU (the flash utility) is giving you connection errors, thats something between your phone and your PC, nothing to do with the kitchen or a ROM.

I don't know who told you Vista and kitchen aren't comptible - they most certainly are. There is a compatibility issues between v1.00 bootloader and Vista. If you have bootloader v1.00, you will need to update to v1.02. That has nothing to do with the kitchen - you'll have the same isse trying to flash any rom.

If you don't have time to make a ROM, you really shouldn't be trying to flash one either. Making a rom is about 15 minutes longer than flashing one.

DavidinCT 08-17-2008 06:03 PM

Works perfect in Vista, Need to run as an admin....

PDAPhoneJunkie 08-17-2008 06:07 PM

I know ggruusa says v1.00 bootloader doesn't work but it does for me with Vista. I NEVER had any problems with my v1.00 bootloader. The bootlodaer I had a problem with was v1.04 (all of this was on Vista). I find that if I disable my USB Connection in Windows Mobile Device Center that it will work with probably ANY bootloader. I've used v1.00 , v1.04 and v2.05 So try diabling the connections and it should work.

cocochannel 08-17-2008 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie (Post 385375)
I know ggruusa says v1.00 bootloader doesn't work but it does for me with Vista. I NEVER had any problems with my v1.00 bootloader. The bootlodaer I had a problem with was v1.04 (all of this was on Vista). I find that if I disable my USB Connection in Windows Mobile Device Center that it will work with probably ANY bootloader. I've used v1.00 , v1.02 and v2.05 So try diabling the connections and it should work.

i did this and it FINALLY worked! thank god!

PDAPhoneJunkie 08-18-2008 02:18 AM

Yep. The old WM6 Kitchen would work for me without it but not the WM6.1 I read this tip from a guy in the Original WM6 Thread.

gguruusa 08-18-2008 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie (Post 385785)
Yep. The old WM6 Kitchen would work for me without it but not the WM6.1 I read this tip from a guy in the Original WMd Thread.

It's not that it won't work, it's that it won't work reliably.

Assuming you guys are starting with your phone in bootloader mode, I can't imagine why this would work. It's the same RUU between the WM6 and WM6.1 kitchens, same Windows Vista, and same bootloader version. The fact that it's a different rom being flashed is irrelevant..the ruu/WMDC/Vista/bootloader can't tell anything about what the ROM contains.

Nonetheless, I'll give this a shot and see if it works for me..transporting files to XP blows.