PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2008, 12:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6700, PPC-6800
Carrier: Sprint

6700noobie is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Most stable WM 6.1 kitchen or ROM

Hi all,

I've noticed that there are several kitchens for WM 6.1 are out. I've been relunctant to load 6.1 because of early stability issues. I've been on WM6 for almost a year now. And the threads on several 6.1 kitchens are huge that I can't keep up with what's fixed like batt life issues and wifi connections etc.

Can anyone tell me if 6.1 is worth the time to update to 6.1 and which kitchen / ROM is the most stable to work with. I don't have too much time to mess around with the ppc since it's my only phone. I know many of you all have spent much time tweaking and messing around to make your phones stable. So if you could point me in the right direction much would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 08-25-2008, 07:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: Most stable WM 6.1 kitchen or ROM

I kept 5 on my 67 for many reasons but I do have 6.1 on my 68 and I can tell you it doesnt take long cooking the ROM and flashing it. It doesnt take long choosing what you want to be in your ROM either but it is likely you want get it right the first time around. That isnt to say you will do it wrong but rather you will leave something out you didnt mean to or wanna try it with different apps. It really is a hit or miss until you find the right ingrediants.

Maybe some one will post with what they added in their ROM and thier results to give you a jump start.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:34 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I found it a lot better to use wm 6.1 on the apache because it makes it a lot more stable and you don't have to soft reset it every day. When i had my 6700 it was great just download the updater and build your own rom is simple and its AWESOME!!!

If I've helped you please remember to
click "THANKS" or click the button. Thanks!
Old 08-25-2008, 09:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

jpc0480 is becoming a great contributor

I love 6.1! Threaded SMS! Faster, and less soft resets! Like everyone else, give it a shot if you don't like it you can always reflash back to a stock WM6 rom.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6700, PPC-6800
Threadstarter

6700noobie is a n00b

Thanks! I'll give the latest kitchen a try. I hope I remember which WM6 Rom I used a year ago. Hahaha....*sigh*....last time I installed the kitchen with WM6, buildOS said I didn't have .Net, but I did. So I had to un-install all of .Net and then re-install it. I got BuildOS to run, but ways already happy with the WM6 ROM I installed previously that I never actually cooked a new ROM. I guess it's something to do in my little free time this week after figuring out which WM6 Rom I currently have installed. It's really just been that long. Signs of getting old....
Old 08-25-2008, 12:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6700

Pir8Man is keeping up the good workPir8Man is keeping up the good work

I agree WM6.1 is much more stable. I have less reboots, better bluetooth and just about everything else. I tried 19213 build by LennySH and found it less stable. So, I am back running Helmi_C's 19716 build and loving it.

For the best stability, don't add any extra OEM's to your build. the default selections are basically a clean install that your carrier gives you. You may try the newer versions of some of the items (MMS for example). That should give you a very solid install with the newer features and fixes.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Nexus 5x
Carrier: Republic Wireless

jabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jabu Send a message via MSN to jabu Send a message via Yahoo to jabu Send a message via Skype™ to jabu

WM6.1 is WAY better than 6.0. I used the helmi_c 6.1 for quite a while, but had an insane amount of bugs and lockups. I switched to the LennySH build 19213 and have only had one lockup and no bugs show up in the last month. Give each one a try. I'm guessing that the add on software you install is what will determine which build is most stable for you.
Need your Apache OEM ROM? Get it here!
========================================
Old 08-25-2008, 01:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

gambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Think long and hard on it. Why risk loss of BT or WIFI? If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Free time is so valuable, don't spend it with a messed up phone. Don't get me wrong, I love the kitchens, too, but still too many ppl have problems. If you do want 6.1 (not that many new features threaded SMS and zooming IE), follow the advice above and don't add any extras. I think that is the key to a stable ROM, not version or kitchen. Just my penny.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6700
Carrier: verizon

josephw is a n00b

Overall, I found the best results with the Helmi version of 6.1. And, I concur with other posters - first, I had went in and just "baked" whatever seemed cool into the rom. It turned out there wasn't enough room in the ROM... so then I peeled back practically everything and installed the things I wanted using .cabs onto the storage card instead. This was a lot more stable - I've been able to run several days on a battery charge and rarely need to reboot the phone.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

I know a guy who used to run the same WM5 ROM I did but his is for Sprint whereas mine is for VZW. I never had any lockups or BSoDs. It was fast and very stable. If you are interested in trying tit first then just lemme know and I will get you a link. The main reason I stayed with WM5 on the 67 is because so many people had issues with things not working. Right now on my 68 Ive got a custom cooked 6. and I thought I had eabsolutely everything perfect on it until today I went to load the camera and the drivers for the cam didnt get cooked into my ROM so Ive got to start ALL OVER AGAIN. And lets not talk about all the other time invested with 3rd party software that will have to be redone again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development