PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2008, 08:29 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Re: Apache WM6.1 20273 Kitchen

Looking for changes for a few minutes.
Then I get a synchronization error.
I took MSOffice OneNote out of this build so I don't get that error any more, but it still says I should reconnect and try again and usie the A/S troubleshooter.

Done many soft resets; disabled BitDefender A/V & FW; rebooted pc a few times. Also installed some MS updates.

Last edited by Trident; 08-13-2008 at 08:32 AM.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:58 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Does WiFi connect with WPA? I still have issues trying to connect to WPA wifi at my work (and I do have the key correct; I get my laptop to connect just fine). I have flashed and reflashed the standard BuildOS (Helmi_C wm6.1) and still does not connect to wifi with WPA encryption.

I have a test 6700 that I might try your version of the Base and see if it helps.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 08-13-2008, 11:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: verizon

davepmer is a n00b

Well I cant get wifi wpa to connect. It will connect wep but not wpa. I did try the work around where you allow it to try to connect for a few seconds then turn wifi off and back on but that did not connect either.

BTW with Helmi wm6.1 build I can connect with wpa.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Almost a VIP

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have not been able to connect with Helmi wm6.1. Might be a my set of selections doing it.
I am going to try a simple OS load (no additions; just the min. items) and see if I can get wpa wifi connection.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: AT&T

hefman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
I have not been able to connect with Helmi wm6.1. Might be a my set of selections doing it. I am going to try a simple OS load (no additions; just the min. items) and see if I can get wpa wifi connection.

Dang! That was the one thing that forced me away from Lenny's 19213...

Helmi's 19716 works fine with WPA-PSK, so I'm sticking with that for now. It's been very stable for me.

I'd test this, but I really need wifi working in order to test so many other things...

Last edited by hefman; 08-13-2008 at 04:15 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: China Unicom

jekee is a n00b

Thanks for the updates!!!

I found a bug:
Can't send/receive files via IRDA
Old 08-14-2008, 09:41 AM
Almost a VIP

jekee: other roms have the same issue when it comes to irda.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6700

tvandish is a n00b

I gave this ROM a try - I was unable to get desktop activesync to connect. I let it sit and it eventually came back with the same syncronization error mentioned earlier.

I also tried to sync wirelessly to my company's exchange server, and couldn't connect that way either.

I only tried to sync the Outlook items, I left the Windows items unchecked.

I was however able to add/install programs and explore the device with the wired connection.

I did disable the "advanced network functionality" in the settings~system~usb to pc setting and that didn't change the connection.

I just switched back to Lenny's 19213 ROM and both the wired and wireless sync work great.

Sprint PPC6700 - BL 1.02
Old 08-14-2008, 08:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: verizon

davepmer is a n00b

Wonder what could cause our wifi troubles. I have 3 different 6700's all with different bootloaders. Yet all 3 will do wpa fine in Helmi's 19716 release, but not in LennySh release. BTW I remember my first update attempt and then it was LennySh that WPA worked. Then there was an update in BuildOS and it switched around. Could it be something in BuildOS causing this issue?
Old 08-14-2008, 09:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I had issues with the LennySH release from the kitchen as well. I believe the kitchen is using the 19213_4 version. I downloaded the http://www.htcgeeks.com/Files/Apache...13/19213_3.exe version and a good portion of my issues went away. Currently I am still using the 19213_3 release.

I would be, and will be, interested in the 20273 release, but I am patient. My current version is tolerable.

Last edited by tcbusch; 08-14-2008 at 09:45 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development