PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2008, 07:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

scottad1972 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How do i downgrade from helmi 6.1 to stock sprint

I have a sprint apache(6700) i have windows 6.1 helmi rom

i want to go back to sprint stock rom.

I tried running it in bootloader rom and i get an error saying i have the wrong rom.

how do i downgrade bootloader and also rom back to sprint rom from sprint.

Please help. I have looked everywhere
Old 08-11-2008, 01:18 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Re: How do i downgrade from helmi 6.1 to stock sprint

Use the AKU 3.3 Rom found on Starcom's website. Should work. What's your bootloader v2.05?

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Bootloader 2.02

what is the link to starcoms website please
Old 08-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Sprint never released AKU 3.3, and PLEASE don't suggest people flash it that have 1.00/1.02/2.02 bootloaders - it will make their life more difficult.

Don't try to flash a pre AKU3.3 rom onto a 2.04/2.05 phone. You must downgrade first. 1.04 bootloader phone can follow the steps bellow, but use new RUU instead of noid RUU.

If you ever had 1.04/2.04/2.05 bootloader on your phone, you may have trouble flashing AKU2.2 and earlier carrier roms. Not to worry, just extract the .nbf files from the .exe using winrar/winzip, and use the NoID ruu found in the kitchen to flash them.

The last Sprint rom was AKU2.2fix, at utstar.com
Old 08-11-2008, 01:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible

gambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
Don't try to flash a pre AKU3.3 rom onto a 2.04/2.05 phone. You must downgrade first. 1.04 bootloader phone can follow the steps bellow, but use new RUU instead of noid RUU.

If you ever had 1.04/2.04/2.05 bootloader on your phone, you may have trouble flashing AKU2.2 and earlier carrier roms.
Gguru, can you explain why? Often wondered why ppl couldn't reflash the stock ROM (downgrade). Just curious.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:16 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
Sprint never released AKU 3.3, and PLEASE don't suggest people flash it that have 1.00/1.02/2.02 bootloaders - it will make their life more difficult.

If you ever had 1.04/2.04/2.05 bootloader on your phone, you may have trouble flashing AKU2.2 and earlier carrier roms. Not to worry, just extract the .nbf files from the .exe using winrar/winzip, and use the NoID ruu found in the kitchen to flash them.

The last Sprint rom was AKU2.2fix, at utstar.com
Sorry bout that. Just my lame attempt to help someone. I didn't know what bootloader he had, and never knew that Sprint never gave out 3.3
Old 08-11-2008, 04:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Like i said above i have tried to flash the last sprint rom and it says i have the wrong software for my phone.

I have bootloader 2.02

Can someone please help me.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:59 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambatte View Post
Gguru, can you explain why? Often wondered why ppl couldn't reflash the stock ROM (downgrade). Just curious.
1.04/2.04/2.05 require you to use a different RUU. The OS partition size changed between 2.02 and 2.04/2.05.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZ-6800 (previously VZ-6700)

DougWare is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to DougWare Send a message via Yahoo to DougWare

Sorry to highjack the thread....

I've been building ROMS for a few months for my 6700. Verizon replaced my 6700 in the store yesterday, and now I have BL 2.05, before I had 1.04.

Is it possible for me to backlevel it to 1.04? Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks....
Old 08-26-2008, 11:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible

gambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You can downgrade to 2.02 here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33076

Pretty sure you can't go from 2.XX to 1.XX.

Last edited by gambatte; 08-26-2008 at 11:53 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development