PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2008, 02:52 PM
Lurker

david_594 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bootloader Serial 2.02 ?

So I am new here and haven't messed at all with changing roms/firmware or really anything on my ppc-6700.

So I was reading this post:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...118#post242118
and realize that it should probably say USB and not serial?

Anyone ever had any experience with this before? My biggest concern is that I have never been able to get my 6700 to connect to my computer via activesync over USB. IR works and bluetooth works, but USB never work.

Any thoughts?
Old 08-13-2008, 03:58 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Re: Bootloader Serial 2.02 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_594 View Post
So I am new here and haven't messed at all with changing roms/firmware or really anything on my ppc-6700.

So I was reading this post:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...118#post242118
and realize that it should probably say USB and not serial?

Anyone ever had any experience with this before? My biggest concern is that I have never been able to get my 6700 to connect to my computer via activesync over USB. IR works and bluetooth works, but USB never work.

Any thoughts?
It says Serial until you make the connection. Then it should switch to USB.
If that doesn't happen, it sounds like you have a bad USB port on your phone or your PC.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:05 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Just as Trident said...You might want to check your Firewall settings for ActiveSync. I had a guy who had a problem syncing his phone and the firewall was the problem.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:49 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

david_594 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
It says Serial until you make the connection. Then it should switch to USB.
If that doesn't happen, it sounds like you have a bad USB port on your phone or your PC.
So when I connect the USB cable, your right it does then say USB under the boot loader. No firewalls of any sort on the computer or the connection for windows mobile device.

Not to sound arrogant or anything, but my degree is in computer science. I racked my brain for a couple weeks on the USB issue when I first got the phone and couldnt resolve it. I gave up because bluetooth worked fine. Now I am desperate if its going to be the only way I can update the phone. I feel like an idiot being defeated by a phone..

Windows networking then goes and makes the connection with the "Windows Mobile-based Device" seemingly without issue. Activesync picks up on it and then tries to connect to the phone for a minute and errors out "ActiveSync cannot connect to the Windows Mobile powered device."

Does the updater after one builds their rom actually need activesync, or is the update done just via the network connection?

Last edited by david_594; 08-13-2008 at 08:55 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:50 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

david_594 is a n00b

I must be freaking retarded as I just resolved the issue....

Quote:
Originally Posted by utstar.com
Active Sync Mode is software that manipulates hardware and software from
restricting the 6700 as a network component. Installing the software
in the device and switching the option of RNDIS (Remote Network Driver
Interface Specification) to USB (Universal Serial Bus), will allow an
authorized connection of new hardware being installed on a computer instead
of a new network detection disengaging the 6700 as being recognizable to
Active Sync.
Downloaded the app, changed mode from RNDIS to USB and boom! Worked perfectly. I'm dumb as a brick apparently... oh well.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:29 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

It all seems so simple after it starts working.
You are not alone in not understanding ActiveSync on first attempt.
Glad you got it working- my explanation/answer was going to be very similar, but not nearly so well worded.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

gambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If you do ever update your phone to WM6/6.1, that setting is easier to find in Start>settings>USB to PC. Just an FYI.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:50 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

david_594 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambatte View Post
If you do ever update your phone to WM6/6.1, that setting is easier to find in Start>settings>USB to PC. Just an FYI.
Thanks, I did find it after I flashed to 6.0 and had the same issue. Built a couple 6.1 builds and have been having good luck so far. Kitchen makes the whole process way to easy.

Thanks for everyones help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development