PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2008, 06:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

Issachar is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Really, really tired of waking up at 5 AM

Hi all,

I'm using Helmi's version of WM6.1 on my Verizon XV6700. I've recently been having problems with the stock alarm feature going off at incorrect times.

I set my alarm for 5:30, but sometimes it goes off at 5, and other times it goes off at 5:40. It's not consistent and there does not seem to be a pattern about it.

That said, does anyone have any idea how I can fix this? Incidentally, it's hilarious how the alarm is going off either at a point where I can't go back to bed, or late enough so I can't take a shower .

Any help appreciated!
Old 07-28-2008, 08:43 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Re: Really, really tired of waking up at 5 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issachar View Post
Hi all,

I'm using Helmi's version of WM6.1 on my Verizon XV6700. I've recently been having problems with the stock alarm feature going off at incorrect times.

I set my alarm for 5:30, but sometimes it goes off at 5, and other times it goes off at 5:40. It's not consistent and there does not seem to be a pattern about it.

That said, does anyone have any idea how I can fix this? Incidentally, it's hilarious how the alarm is going off either at a point where I can't go back to bed, or late enough so I can't take a shower .

Any help appreciated!
You aren't going to like this:
Get a real alarm clock.
Or get one of the Alarm Clock apps that can be installed on the device.
As payment for my smartazz answer, I'm attaching the one that I use, but there are many more. (All I could find was the OEM.)
Attached Files
File Type: zip AlarmClockOEM.zip (17.9 KB, 18 views) Click for barcode!

Old 07-29-2008, 07:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

NetApex is keeping up the good workNetApex is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to NetApex
Talking Re: Really, really tired of waking up at 5 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issachar View Post
Hi all,

I've recently been having problems with the stock alarm feature going off at incorrect times.

Maybe I am wrong, but there just may be a pattern that you aren't catching. I was having the same issue, but it was fairly easy to realize the patern in my case. I set my phone to wake me up for work, and then we switched times we go in due to the weather. Long story short, internally the clock still went off on those days at the old time. Check out Memmaid ( http://www.dinarsoft.com/memmaid/download.html ) - 15 day free trial. It has an option to find duplicate notifications (second tab) while you are there you will see in the upper window a "Classic Time Based:" category. The items listed as "Windows\clock.exe" are the ones that have your Alarms listed in them. Locate the ones that you do not want and you can remove them. (You need to be in advanced mode to remove ones that it doesn't automatically select.) Of course the program itself has a lot of other features that help clean up the PPC, but so far that has been the most useful one to me... helps me sleep at night anyway!
Old 07-29-2008, 05:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Issachar is a n00b

Thanks for the help guys!

I downloaded the OEM Alarm clock, but how do I install it to the phone?

Also, I used memmaid but it only shows the alarms I actually want to go off...which is good I suppose. But the thing is, the alarm went off incorrectly at 5:40 AM this morning. I set two alarms, 5 AM for my wife and 7:30 AM for myself. Maybe it's one of those things where I have to catch it in the act :P.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:07 AM
The Source of Power

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The OEM gets put into your kitchen files- in the USER_OEM folder.
Drop it into the DSM builder, run the kitchen and select that item.

Your other option is to get one of the free available programs available here or here.
I have no experience that I can remember with any of them.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

psiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuff

Sometimes the database gets corrupted, especially if you didn't do a hard reset after flashing... When I had alarm problems in the past, I did a full backup via SPB Backup, did a hard reset, did a 2nd hard reset, restored the backup of the files but not the database... You will likely need to reset some parameters, but it always worked for me...
Old 07-30-2008, 02:38 PM
The Source of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by psiphi View Post
Sometimes the database gets corrupted, especially if you didn't do a hard reset after flashing... When I had alarm problems in the past, I did a full backup via SPB Backup, did a hard reset, did a 2nd hard reset, restored the backup of the files but not the database... You will likely need to reset some parameters, but it always worked for me...
That's a really good idea!
Old 07-31-2008, 05:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizion Wireless

shawn is a n00b

Yea, same thing happened to me a while back. Tried everything and nothing helped. I finally gave up and did a hard reset. Never have had the problem since. Good luck.

Last edited by shawn; 07-31-2008 at 10:20 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development