PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2008, 09:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: cricket

catman25 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Looking for help 6.1 on 6700 .

Well im not a noob . maybe any way
I want to put 6.1 on a 6700 . I currently have 6.0 "cricket" rom loaded. What am i looking at for changing settings if i put a non cricket 6.1 rom in ? What settings does a "cricket " rom give you that a unspecified rom will? Do i just load 6.1 rom in and set up mms/sms/web? or is there a onslaught of changes i have to do ? Im so used to installing a "cricket rom" into my 6800 im scared to not use a unspecified 6.1 rom in 6700 . I know ppc geeks has 6700 6.1 kitchens but unaware of the work that would follow making it cricket friendly . Can you offer your advice? I mainly want 6.1 for threaded sms.

***** does any one know if there is a threaded sms ? Maybe one that allows mms too? Any certains cabs that we arent able to discuss can be sent with a thank you in advance. catman25@gmail.com
Old 07-29-2008, 12:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to land2634
Re: Looking for help 6.1 on 6700 .

I'm with you in looking for a solution of 6.1 on my Apache. I am playing around with my old Apache, and no matter how small I make the ROM in the kitchen, I cannot seem to get it to flash to the device. I have made sure I selected the appropriate bootloader (1.00). I keep having to flash back to stock just to get the device to boot. Since there don't seem to be many threads left in this section, I'm having a difficult time finding a solution. Anyone maybe have a link for a 6.1 Apache ROM, instead of having to cook through the kitchen?
Old 07-29-2008, 01:46 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

catman25 is a n00b

unfortuantly for us noobs that would be nice.. I tried cooking a rom but i think i cooked my brain instead trying to figure out what im doing wrong .
Old 07-29-2008, 04:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola DROID
Carrier: Verizon

brandogg is keeping up the good workbrandogg is keeping up the good work

If you use the updater, download LennySh_19213's ROM/selections, or download them directly from ppckitchen.org. I used that ROM, just remember to add an MMS cab (I used the first one listed, Arcsoft) and cook and install your ROM. It'll be quite small and should install without issue. Use that as your base, and if you want to try to add more stuff, build from there, but it should work for you just fine. It's about as basic as a 6.1 ROM as you can get.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff

Well, I don't seem to have a problem flashing from the kitchen on my Titan, but I do with the Apache. Could be user error, but I've done everything I can think of. Ill try what you suggested. Thanks!
Old 07-29-2008, 09:55 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

If you're having trouble flashing because of size errors, I can't stress enoug that the Apache has very limited rom space - you won't be able to check much, if anything. If you're still having trouble, post your selections.txt.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizion Wireless

shawn is a n00b

I agree. I have flashed 6.1 several times. Sometimes I have to reduce my rom selections 3 or 4 times to get a combo that works. Keep trying.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Ok, here's the deal. Still can't get anything to flash through the kitchen for the Apache. For some reason, I can install any other ROM (6.0 for example) without the kitchen, but I don't know of any 6.1 ROMS lurking around for the Apache. If they are on the FTP, they aren't labeled 6.1, 6.0, 5.0, etc.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola DROID
Carrier: Verizon

brandogg is keeping up the good workbrandogg is keeping up the good work

I'm pretty sure I posted a site that you can download a very barebones 6.1 ROM at. You have to install it via the kitchen, but it's already put together, just remember to add MMS, and you're good to go. Go to ppckitchen.org, and download LennySh's RAR and selections from the "manual downloads" sections, and place them accordingly to the readme.txt that's also on that page. It's very easy, and will take about 5 minutes to install. If you're on Vista, make sure you run the kitchen as an administrator.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:33 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

catman25 is a n00b

couldnt get lennys to work .. but helmi 6.1 works amazingly

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development