PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2008, 01:14 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Unintentionally change MSL?

Is it possible that after flashing a few ROMs and changing the radio ROM that my MSL has changed?
If so, is it possible to change it back or find out what it now is?
My original MSL no longer works.
I ran GetSPC.exe and gave it my HexESN and it gave me the MSL that I thought was correct. But nothing I do works to access updating my PRL or any other EPST function. So I can't check and see if my SCI has changed with the new radio ROM (as I suspect it has).

Old 07-28-2008, 05:46 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: Unintentionally change MSL?

in getspc make sure you are using CAP letters and O's = zero
Old 07-28-2008, 05:54 PM
The Source of Power
Threadstarter

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'm pretty sure that I did, as the MSL that was output was the same one that was given to me by Sprint and has worked for almost two years. But I'll try it again and make sure I'm entering everything correctly and see what I get.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:58 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

no, prob, your thread came up while I was looking for that file to help another.

you could also try using the msl like this (##xxxxxx#)
or ##3282#
I'm not sure what else to suggest though.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:58 PM
The Source of Power
Threadstarter

Same ESN, same output, same result.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:01 PM
The Source of Power
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
no, prob, your thread came up while I was looking for that file to help another.

you could also try using the msl like this (##xxxxxx#)
or ##3282#
I'm not sure what else to suggest though.
More good ideas.
Tried both.
##MSLIDN# had null response.
##3282# got me to the selection screen, but the unlock code got me the same error message.
grrrr.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:11 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

ok, well, I'm heading to work now, but I did have an idea in the shower (where all the good ones come from)
you could try Qpst, if your brave (but must be if you changed the code...)
so, I could help further in 4-5hrs, but I'm sure someone else could help too.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:21 PM
The Source of Power
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
ok, well, I'm heading to work now, but I did have an idea in the shower (where all the good ones come from)
you could try Qpst, if your brave (but must be if you changed the code...)
so, I could help further in 4-5hrs, but I'm sure someone else could help too.
I've never been able to find a decent working copy of QPST (and most threads I've been in that discuss it tend to get shut down).
I just reflashed to the stock ROM, but now NONE of the ## codes are working. Yeesh.

---------------------
Darnit. Just remembered why the codes aren't working. I didn't let the extROM run and that is what installs EPST.exe. Another quick hard reset will be the charm... I feel it.

Last edited by Trident; 07-28-2008 at 08:25 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:47 PM
The Source of Power
Threadstarter

I think I'm in trouble.
I flashed back to the stock WM5 with the 1.27 radio.
And my MSL is still not right.
How can something like this survive multiple hard resets and radio flashes?
It's like a boot sector virus on the PC!
Crap. Any suggestions appreciated.

------------
Well, it took a few tries, but I got back to the 1.41 radio on the stock ROM and was then able to get into the programming. I updated the PRL and changed the SCI from 0 to 1. Really f'ed up. I can't decide if I'm going to try another WM6/6.1 ROM again. I might just wait a bit until one of the 202**series releases is available.
Who am I kidding? I'm going to try a new one while I take out the trash right now!

Last edited by Trident; 07-28-2008 at 10:56 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development