PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   stuck at windows splash screen - need help (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=31818)

ZuneNinja! 07-13-2008 06:15 PM

stuck at windows splash screen - need help

its very annoying. yesterday my phone froze up so I hit the soft reset. ever since its stuck. I've tried hard reset and also reflashing, but when I try I always get a connection error 101 in my bootloader 2.02 mode , and a 20x error when not in bootloader. I have helmi-c's latest RUU that was released here. someone anyone please help

I've also posted this in the forum up from this, the normal apache one not the upgrades sub folder that this is in

gambatte 07-14-2008 12:51 PM

Re: stuck at windows splash screen - need help

What's with that WoW post? Anyway, there appears to be something wrong with the RUU (have you tried NoID?) or bootloader "partitions". In the latter case, you have to follow this downgrade sticky 2.04/2.05. You might also want to try to flash back to the stock Verizon WM5 ROM.

So was it working (getting past the splash screen) b4, I mean after the flash to WM6? And the soft reset got it stuck? The next time you cook, make a small ROM. What I understand is the first part of the ROM files gets overwritten when the ROM is too big. Then it gets stuck pre-boot.

ZuneNinja! 07-16-2008 01:01 AM

what WoW post are you talking about? World of Warcraft? I don't believe I did any such thing... anyways, yes it was working completely fine and then one day it just froze, no I haven't tried the noID thing and whatnot but I had the same ROM on there for about 5 months and worked flawlessly.

But it is ok now, because the last time I got a replacement phone through verizon insurance company (asurion) they gave me a new in box one, non-refurbished. So it was still covered under verizon's warranty. They just so happened to be out of stock of the 6700's and they said they could not end the phone conversation leaving me phone-less so they are shipping me out a brand new 6800! WOOT!

Don't worry I got the old WM5 crap RUU back on there so it is all legit, thanks for your help anyways.

gambatte 07-16-2008 09:04 AM

Funny, when I saw your post there was one BOT-like post advertizing WoW. They must have removed it. Anyway, good for you. Also, if you ever get back to ROM updating again, you should get a better handle on your terminology. It was hard to figure out what had happened and most ppl won't take the time to ask. The RUU (ROM Update Utility) is a part of the kitchen that allows you to flash the ROM from the PC to the phone. It is not a part of WM. Also, I guess I still don't know for sure but I think you flashed a cooked Helmi WM6 ROM (that ROM really shouldn't be used with BL 2.02) and didn't cook your own. In any case, looks like it was hardware.

jabu 07-16-2008 02:24 PM

I reported the WOW post, so it got removed. You're not crazy.

ZuneNinja! 07-17-2008 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gambatte (Post 348824)
Funny, when I saw your post there was one BOT-like post advertizing WoW. They must have removed it. Anyway, good for you. Also, if you ever get back to ROM updating again, you should get a better handle on your terminology. It was hard to figure out what had happened and most ppl won't take the time to ask. The RUU (ROM Update Utility) is a part of the kitchen that allows you to flash the ROM from the PC to the phone. It is not a part of WM. Also, I guess I still don't know for sure but I think you flashed a cooked Helmi WM6 ROM (that ROM really shouldn't be used with BL 2.02) and didn't cook your own. In any case, looks like it was hardware.

Yeah yeah, I know the difference between an RUU and an OS and what a cooked rom is , etc, etc. I'm sorry I did not explain it better. I didn't have much time to write it out at the time. And that same Helmi cooked rom lasted me all that time and suddenly stopped, so after I flashed a standard wm5 on there, and problems still existed...I knew it had to be hardware.

P.S. xv6800 rocks :P

ZuneNinja! 07-17-2008 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jabu (Post 349135)
I reported the WOW post, so it got removed. You're not crazy.

Yeah I apologize for this weird WOW post, I would never advertise that crap in here or anywhere for that matter. I despise that game.

Let me know if it shows up in this post and I'll probably try to create a new account or something, I dont know....