PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2008, 12:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800

thebourboncowboy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can't login to buildos

Hey most awesome help guys. I just installed buildos, did the updater, running 9.05. When I attempt to login to buildos using my ppcgeeks username it states that the server is unavailable. My gut tells me that it is probably a firewall issue. I control my corporate firewall, so I can open any ports I need, but I obviously can't just shut it down or open all ports. Does anyone know what ports I need? Or perhaps it isn't really a port problem...just my first guess. Does anyone know what else might be wrong?
Old 07-03-2008, 05:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: sprint

butter_ppc is a n00b
Re: Can't login to buildos

i've been having this problem since i first downloaded buildos. I would love to know myself!
Old 07-03-2008, 04:07 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

It uses port 80. The problem isn't generally firewall, it's proxy. Try running IE once, then buildos. .Net seems to want some proxy info, and running IE seems to be the only way to get it automatically.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:54 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue (Touch)
Carrier: Bell Mobility

minir4 is just getting started

I have been searching through the individual files for hours now trying to find a way around having to use the 'log in' to use buildos. I am at work and i keep getting the server unavailable message. I know i can go home and it will work, but i have so much free time here and not at home and i just want to be able to use it.

I understand from what ive read that the login in is used to provide advanced features to donators and devs and for the purposes of help, but if the user has no want for that, why cant we opt out?

Is there any way i can get around the login requirement or something as it would seem my firewall wont let this work. I am updated to the latest everything, .Net, BuildOS, everything.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If I disconnect my pc from the web, by diabling the network adapter, I get the same error. However I just click ok and Build OS runs anyways.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: Verizon

jmcgarrell is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcbusch View Post
If I disconnect my pc from the web, by diabling the network adapter, I get the same error. However I just click ok and Build OS runs anyways.

Tried it, and I get "login expired" then it shuts buildos down completely
Old 07-07-2008, 03:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcgarrell View Post
Tried it, and I get "login expired" then it shuts buildos down completely
I noticed if I enter a bogas name it closes on me too.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue (Touch)
Carrier: Bell Mobility

minir4 is just getting started

can anyone from ppckitchen.org help/answer me ?
Old 07-10-2008, 09:35 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Did you try running IE first?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development