PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Can't login to buildos (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30901)

thebourboncowboy 07-02-2008 12:35 PM

Can't login to buildos

Hey most awesome help guys. I just installed buildos, did the updater, running 9.05. When I attempt to login to buildos using my ppcgeeks username it states that the server is unavailable. My gut tells me that it is probably a firewall issue. I control my corporate firewall, so I can open any ports I need, but I obviously can't just shut it down or open all ports. Does anyone know what ports I need? Or perhaps it isn't really a port problem...just my first guess. Does anyone know what else might be wrong?

butter_ppc 07-03-2008 05:11 AM

Re: Can't login to buildos

i've been having this problem since i first downloaded buildos. I would love to know myself!

gguruusa 07-03-2008 04:07 PM

It uses port 80. The problem isn't generally firewall, it's proxy. Try running IE once, then buildos. .Net seems to want some proxy info, and running IE seems to be the only way to get it automatically.

minir4 07-07-2008 10:54 AM

I have been searching through the individual files for hours now trying to find a way around having to use the 'log in' to use buildos. I am at work and i keep getting the server unavailable message. I know i can go home and it will work, but i have so much free time here and not at home and i just want to be able to use it.

I understand from what ive read that the login in is used to provide advanced features to donators and devs and for the purposes of help, but if the user has no want for that, why cant we opt out?

Is there any way i can get around the login requirement or something as it would seem my firewall wont let this work. I am updated to the latest everything, .Net, BuildOS, everything.

tcbusch 07-07-2008 01:56 PM

If I disconnect my pc from the web, by diabling the network adapter, I get the same error. However I just click ok and Build OS runs anyways.

jmcgarrell 07-07-2008 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcbusch (Post 339133)
If I disconnect my pc from the web, by diabling the network adapter, I get the same error. However I just click ok and Build OS runs anyways.

Tried it, and I get "login expired" then it shuts buildos down completely :(

tcbusch 07-07-2008 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcgarrell (Post 339244)
Tried it, and I get "login expired" then it shuts buildos down completely :(

I noticed if I enter a bogas name it closes on me too.

minir4 07-07-2008 04:53 PM

can anyone from ppckitchen.org help/answer me ?

gguruusa 07-10-2008 09:35 AM

Did you try running IE first?