PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2008, 07:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Are you having Bluetooth or WiFi issues with WM6.1?

I have used several versions of WM6.1. Ive installed Helmi's, LennySh's 19213_1, LennySh's 19213_3, LennySh's 19213_4, LennySh's 19588, PPCkitchen 19588. I've had issues with Bluetooth and with WiFi. I am wondering if it has to do with other software cooked into the ROM. I noticed when playing around with settings that the Bluetooth connections are affected by WiFi. I also noticed that playing with Bluetooth settings would cause my Bluetooth mouse to to stop talking to my Laptop.

Right now it seems to be stable and predictable. I removed the Bluetooth A2DP Driver and I removed Bluetooth HID Driver. I used to automatically change the Bluetooth channel on my Plantronics 510 to 3 and sometimes 5 but now I am leaving it at the default setting. And finally to get WiFi to work I needed to configure my connection and if it doesn't connect the first time I just turn Wifi off and back on again. Sometimes it takes 2 tries.

If others are having issues you might want to remove the drivers above and don't play with the channel settings if you were. Maybe post any modifications or any applications you install that might use the radio.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:33 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Are you having Bluetooth or WiFi issues with WM6.1?

I have issues with WiFi. Can not connect to WPA-PSK router now. Was able to with past build so something must have changed with the core PPCKitchen files.

Still waiting for answers on the WPA-PSK before I flash again.....I can connect just fine with WEP but WEP is not secure enough in my office.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 07-03-2008, 12:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

tcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Try configuring your wifi connection to the point where it says connecting. then open comm manager and disable wifi. Then re enable again to see if it connects. If it doesn't connect disable wifi connection again. It never takes more than 2 tries.

Last edited by tcbusch; 07-03-2008 at 01:03 PM.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I should mention, I am using WPA-PSK with TKIP data encryption. If this is what you are tying to use then technically it works and there isn't anything wrong with the ROM. I suspect its another application or tweak causing the issue. That is why I started the thread. I was hoping to compare the ROM selections from those who cannot get it to work with those who can.

Originally I had Bluetooth A2DP Driver and Bluetooth HID Driver cooked into the ROM and my Wifi did not work. I removes those tweaks and now it works.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:21 PM
Almost a VIP

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I dont have Bluetooth A2DP driver or HID driver cooked into my rom and it still doesn't connect.
And I tried disabling WiFi while it says its connecting, then re-enable WiFi and still no connection.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Have you tried switching your router to B-Mode only? At least long enough to retest?
Old 08-15-2008, 11:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks to davepmer I think we have solved the problem. My wifi consistently connects now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepmer View Post
Hey I think I got it. It is not with the kitchen but with 2 folders in the SYS\OS folder (namely wzsapi.dll, and wzsvc.dll). I swapped those 2 folders for the 2 in the Helmi release, and wpa-psk connects first time. I tried it on both this release LennySh_20273 and on LennySh_19213 current release and it worked on both. Not sure what file is in error but it is in one of those 2 folders.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX 6600 and S720W

hendriqo is a n00b

hai, i am new and just got the same problem about wifi since upgrade, where can i find the swap folder ... and how to do this, thank you
Old 08-20-2008, 05:49 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Very strange. I've never had any problems with any WM6.1 roms, used it on like 4 machines.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:21 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie View Post
Very strange. I've never had any problems with any WM6.1 roms, used it on like 4 machines.
Are you using Helmi_C flavor of WM6.1? I only started having issuses when I switched to LennySh flavor of WM6.1.

And putting the 2 SYS/OS .dll folders from Helmi_C's to LennySh wm6.1 works great.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development